cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery and replenishment delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

I would like to know the difference between delivery and replenishment delivery. pl. let me know in which scenario replenishment delivery is used and how it is created.

Thanks,

Maxx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Longman online dictionary:

to put new supplies into something, or to fill something again

Dictionary.com:

to make full or complete again, as by supplying what is lacking

Cambridge online dictionary:

to fill something up again

Well, I think in terms of SAP it is used in the same meaning: if you use a material somewhere continually (consume it continually) you need continually supply that material to be able to continue your consumption.

In SAP you use this expression in connection with

- storage location MRP scenario

- fixed bin replenishment

- KANBAN replenishment

- generally in connection with material staging

- etc.

Please consider that characteristics of this processes: you "continually" produce / consume (e.g. raw) materials and that's why you need "replenishment".

In connection with certain MTO scenario where certain raw materials are very specific and are used only once maybe there's no point in speaking "replenishment".

The procurement of these goods seems to be a very simple process (very simple purchasing activity).

So, I think delivery is delivery and there's no separate "replenishment delivery" type / document, a delivery becomes "replenishment delivery" because it is used for "replenishment".

(E.g. delivery created with reference to STO can be called replenishment delivery if you provide the raw materials from one plant to another, or from one SLoc to another SLoc).

Just my ideas..

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 27, 2009 9:39 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 28, 2009 8:16 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To make more specific replenishment delivery are created when there is stock transfer between two plants & have different number range than the normal delivery. Replenishment delivery is created through VL10D.

The normal delivery is always the final delivery to customer & created through VL01N transacation.

Regards,

Prashant