cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Po creation from sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement to create a PO automatically from sales order.

We will be creating a third party sales order, corresponding to which system creates an purchase requisition. Now the requirement is that this Purchase requisition should be converted in to PO automatically.

For this in the item category config i have ticked the auto Po check box . Also the source of supply is unique so that purchase requisition is automatically assigned with source of supply.

But still the PO is not created automatically. What are all the configuration and workflow needs to be done for this.?

Kindly help me.

ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Ramanathan has suggested is correct.

PR will be autoamatically created if we maintain the relevant settings in VOV6 transaction(Maintain Schedule line categories) as follows.

Order Type NB Purchase requisition

Item Category 5 Third-party

Acct Assgt Cat. X All aux.acct.assgts.

These settings will automatically create PR for a sale order..

We need to use the transaction ME59, to create PO automatically.

It is necessary to use the transaction ME59,by giving the PR number , we can create a PO..

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

From SD settings i dont think a purchase order can be directly created based on sales order thro standards

You can trigger only purchase requestion

In VOV6 if you mention order type NB for your schedule line category then a Purchase requestion is only created up on saving your sales order

Item category in VOV6 should be 5 (third party)

Account assignment category should be X

This is third party sales settings

In MM01 also in the purchasing tab of that material create automatic PO check box is there

If you tick that also it generates purchase requestion only not purchase order

In VOV7 create automatic PO check box is there

If you tick that also it generates purchase requestion only not purchase order

Involve your MM people also for this requirement

In MM people can create automatically PO from PR and there are a lot of threads in MM forum regarding that

For automatic PO creation from PR, follow the steps. taken from MM forum

1) Material Master purchasing view tick automatic PO check box

2) Vendor Master purchasing view tick automatic PO check box.

3) Maintain Source list for Vendor & Material.(ME01)

4) Maintain Purchase Info Record.(ME11)

5) Create a Purchase Requisition.(ME51)

6) Use T .Code: ME59 & execute for PR for vendor, you will be able to create automatic PO.

7) Note-1:

During creation of PR , select check box of Source Determination in the 1st screen of ME51

Ensure that Purchase Info Record should be there.

If you have more than one vendor then fixes only one vendor in source list.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

I think, my post will help you, some extent.

[Creating a PO from SO|]

Best Regards,

Amit

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

Just for your information in VOV7 we check the box auto PO , so that when we create a sales order system will check the Purchase order number that we maintain .

In third party if Purchase requisition has to be converted into PO automatically the standard configuration wont support . Just check MM56 . it may help you to some extent .If that is also not satisfying then we have to go with the user - exit

But right now as i am not in front of SAP system so i am not sure about the t.code that's why i said to check

Regards

Srinath