Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload of role in Access Enforcer 5.2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to upload roles in Access Enforcer from SAP ECC system. Actually i have uploaded the roles in Access Enforcer, but all unwanted roles have also got uploaded.

Now i need some way, first to clean entire uploaded roles & then upload selected roles.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Pravin

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Here are the steps:

1) Download all the roles into an excel spreadsheet:

Go to configuration -> Roles- Search roles -> Click on 'Export' button. This CUP, go to 'Search Roles'. Click on 'Search' button without providing any search criteria. This will return all the roles available in CUP. Now, click on Export button. CUP will export all the roles into Excel spreadsheet in the format which CUP understands.

2) Delete all the roles from CUP: Now, in the same screen as above, select all the roles and delete them.

3) Delete not needed roles from spreadsheet and upload it into CUP:

Now, delete all the unwanted roles from CUP and play with the spreadsheet to manipulate other parameters like role approvers, systems, business process etc and upload that spreadsheet into CUP.

Regards,

Alpesh

SAP GRC Manager (PwC)

0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Thanks. I think this will work. But for deletion from Access Enforcer 5.2, i am looking for some option where in i can just in one go delete all the roles uploaded in AE 5.2.

Now i have to select all role pagewise and i have more than 500 pages. Are you aware of the tablename or something from where i can delete in one go.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Pravin

0 Kudos

Hello Pravin,

For deleting the roles u have delete page by page. If u have any request created selecting that roles u will not be able to delete them from that page and every time u need to untick that role and need to click on the delete button to delete the roles which defnitely is a time consumin.

If you are sure there are no requests created with the roles uploaded on access enforcer and u want to delete all the roles from CUP and need to upload again you better raise a support message to SAP requesting for a deletion request which deletes the entire roles from the GRC tables and you can upload again instead of going to delete page by page.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

This is an important feature and it is missing in CUP. To delete roles, you have to delete them page by page. I do not recommend deleting it from DB but you can ask SAP support to send you a deletion script. The script will contain all the tables which get affected due to role creation and role attributes.

Regards,

Alpesh