Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP Firm Indicator in APO Vs Firmed indicator in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

For Purchase Requisitions of any product:

I see a PP Firmed Indicator in RRP3 screen of APO

I see a Firmed indicator when I double click on any PurRqs in MD04 in ECC (It's a checkbox near the Planned Dates field in PReq Detail on MD04). The Purschase Requisitions with this indicator have an asterick (*) mark against their numbers in MD04.

My questions:

1. Can you please explain what these two indicators mean and are they related to each other?

2. Can PP Firmed indicator be set during SNP Heuristic run or only by PPDS Heuristic run?

3. F1 Help says that PP Firmed indicator is set if the order is a SNP order that is outside the SNP production horizon or if if the availability date of the order is within the planning time fence? The product has SNP Horizon =0 days and the Planning time fence = 0 days. Still this indicator is being set for all future orders . Is this correct?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Rimjhim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

According to your reply, a PReq created in APO, transferred in ECC, can only be changed/ modified in APO, not in ECC.

What if someone wants to delete the PReq from ECC end? How can we make that possible? There is a requirement in my project to do this.

Looking forward to your helpful response.

Regards,

Rimjhim

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can delete the Preq in ECC. What I mean is you cannot modify the Qty/Date of that receipt in ECC. In otherwords, it is fixed to MRP. However what is your requirement to delete in ECC. Anyways you need to synchronize APO and ECC right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

Yes the APO and ECC should be in sync. I believe even if we delete the Firmed PReq in ECC they'll reflect likewise in APO?

In my present proj, the planner and the executioner are two different people sitting on different locations. While the planner has planned, the executioner wants to delete some old PReq from his end which are no longer required. Hence this requirement of deleting from ECC side.

Also there is an indicator on the 'Fixed ID' when you actually go inside the PReq on the Quantities/Dates tab page. How is this different from the 'Firmed' indicator in MD04 discussed earlier. Do they both have same impact? I've seen that while the Firmed indicator is checked, the Fixed ID indicator is not checked.

Appreciate your helpful reply.

Thansk and Regards,

Rimjhim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure on that Indicator...I am not able to see that indicator in my system either

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RimJhim,

"when you actually go inside the PReq on the Quantities/Dates tab page".

I am not sure what fixedID are you talking about. Which transaction are you looking at?

Can you guide us through step by step like got transaction /sapapo/rrp3, double click on your Purchase req.s

I can't see any tab named Quantities/Dates...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team Basis,

When Distibution receipt (planned) created manually in APO its fixed .The same order also seen as fixed in ECC side ,under "FIXED ID" it will not be changed by MATERIAL PALNNING AND CONTROL .

Regards,

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sai, your reply helps a lot in clarifying the use of this indicator.

Regards,

Rimjhim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rimjhim,

The answers for your questions are as follows:-

1. PP Firmed is an indicator which is set by system automatically during planning run which indicates that the order is firmed and cannot be changed or deleted by system nomore. But it can be manually deleted. The Firmed indicator in the Purrqs in md04 is denotes that the planned orders corresponds to that purrqus is firmed.

2. PP-Firmed is set in PPDS Heuristic run. ie during migration of SNP orders to

3. F1 help is correct because the PP firmed has happened outside the SNP production horizon means SNP will not plan any production during this horizon.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for your reply. I am still confused because you have used the word planned orders , which refers to production, whereas I am only referring to procurement here.

I specifically don't understand the following sentence:

The Firmed indicator in the Purrqs in md04 is denotes that the planned orders corresponds to that purrqus is firmed.

How can there be a planned order with ref to PurReq?

Regards,

Rimjhim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Could you please clear my doubts regarding these Indicators?

Hoping for some more replies.

Thanks,

Rimjhim

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you see in the system is the standard behaviour. System sets Preqs PP Firmed if either PPDS Heuristics is executed or if the order is manually created or if it lies outside the SNP Production horizon. In R/3 what you see is also a Std behaviour. Even though there is no PP Firmed indicator set in APO or there is no User Exit in R/3 still you see the order as Fixed.

I would like to test this scenario in your test system.

Case1:

Initially maintain your SNP Production horizon as 0 and run SNP Heuristics. In RRP3 you see the order as PP Firmed. The reason is it is outside the SNP Production Horizon. Check it in R/3 you find it as Fixed.

Case2:

Change the SNP Production Horizon to say 90 days (see that one Preq fall within that period), check in RRP3..you do not see PP Firmed indicator. Reason is it lies within SNP Production Horizon. check back in R/3..still you see the Fixed indicator.

And also the reason why you see Fixed indicator in R/3 is because the Preq is planned in APO and R/3 cannot change it.