Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java RTA for GRC 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GRC gurus

I need help with new GRC 5.3 Java RTA VIREPRTA00_0.sca

Our GRC team wants to use this Java RTA on all the SAP systems with Java stack

Problem is it requires minimum EPC usage type. (Confirmed with SAP Support)

We have some SAP Applications which are just AS Java only and have separate portal for Portal Content

Example, CRM is dual stack with AS Java only + CRM java comp.

Now GRC team is requesting to install EPC everywhere to enable this Java RTA

This makes entire architecture redundant as we already have a separate Portals for each of these applications.

My question is what kind of SoD checks are required / performed for these Java applications? Any workarounds for the same.

I really hope GRC team develops RTA just for AS Java

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ram

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

This is weird. I thought eRTA (RTA for Java) will work for any system with Java stack. There is no standard rule set SoD check in Java system.

You have to build your own rule set.

Regards,

Alpesh

SAP GRC Manager (PwC)

0 Kudos

Alpesh

Thanks for quick response. GRC 5.3 it self can be installed on NetWeaver AS Java alone but, this Java RTA needs EP Core(EPC). As you are probably aware, you have three usage types, NetWeaver AS Java, NetWeaver AS Java + Enterprise Core (EPC), and EP (EPC + AS JAVA)

I actually tried installing this RTA on AS Java alone and it failed. After I added EPC to that system, I could install this RTA on it.

So it looks like, if you want to use Java RTA on a satellite system based on AS Java, you have to install java system atleast with EP Core usage type.

So thats why I am trying to find what kind of SoD analysis you do on Java. From what I understand there is not much business logic there in it.

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

Earliar issue was raised by Auditor about SOD regarding access to CC 5.X, hence this new RTA is created.

However here customer have to create their own RULES, per instructions from auditors.

Hope this answer your query. Please raise ticket with SAP to provide RTA only for JAVA AS stack.

They can't force customer to install EP everywhere.

Regards,

Surpreet Singh Bal

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company is also thinking about installing the Enterprise portal RTA. We have installed GRC 5.3 on our Solution Manager JAVA instance. We put all of the other (backend) RTA's on other servers (ECC, BI, and SRM). I was under the assumption that the EP RTA would be installed on the EP Server and then a connection set up to connect GRC to EP. Is this not correct?

This would, in turn, only put the RTA file on one server - where you already have EP installed....

Please let me know if this is correct.

0 Kudos

Peggy-

Yes, that is correct.

Ankur

SAPBusinessObjects GRC RIG

0 Kudos

Hi Expets

For CRM 2007, by default we have to install EP, EP core and AS java. So for CRM 2007, does we can install the EPRTA which is actually meant for EP only. or does SAP is coming with new java RTA ?

We have a EP server. Already EP RTA have been installed in EP RTA . Can risk analysis for CRM 2007 can be done through EP ? Can some one give some clarity on this?

Regards

Sahad

0 Kudos

I assume we have to install eRTA for CRM 2007 (for GRC AC integration), instead of EP RTA (since by default we have to install EP, EP core and AS java for CRM 2007).

Since an EP server already contains EP RTA, to do risk analysis for CRM 2007, an eRTA (java RTA) is required.

Thanks,

Haleem

0 Kudos

you will just have VIRSANH for ECC/SCM/PLM/CRM System

you will have VIRSANH+VIRSAHR for HCM System

you will have VIREPRTA for EP/EPC

that are the agents (RTA) which you will require to connect to your central GRC Suite. There you have CUP/RAR/ERM/SPM...

HTH

Nesimi

0 Kudos

Nesimi,

Do we need RTA for PLM system also?

Please note that PLM system is a part of ECC 6.0 EHP 4. After you install Enhancement pack 4, you activate the PLM functionality in the system.

I think 1 RTA for both ECC and PLM system should be sufficient.

Any ideas for the above are most welcome.

Thanks,

Haleem.

0 Kudos

ABdul,

VIRSANH is for ECC/CRM/PLM/SCM

The only difference is that you can have only:

15x aRFC Connectors to ECC

3x aRFC Connectors to CRM/PLM/SCM

(all further connectors you can manage via SAP JCO)

all this is done via the SAP Add-on "SAP GRC AC 5.3 VIRSANH"

HTH

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a JAVA RTA available for the SAP e sourcing soultion. If there is, does it require EPC or can it run on the ESO JAVA stack

Thanks