Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qualified values append,update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

here is my scenario.

I have imported qualified tavble along with main table.

Qualified table initial value:

Non Qualifier 1:X

Non Qualifier 2:Y

Qualifier 1:time stamp1

Qualifier 2:blank

Qualifier 3:blank (time stamp)

now i got delta load where i got Qualifier 2 and qualifer 3 values ( time stamp2) as well as i got now record with same values as initial values of first entry i.e at the time of delta load i wanted qualified table like below.

Qualifier 1:time stamp1

Qualifier 2:a

Qualifier 3:time stamp2

Qualifier 1:time stamp2

Qualifier 2:blank

Qualifier 3:blank (time stamp)

in short i want 1st entry of qualified table to be updated with 2 values and 2nd entry to be inserted (As new entry) when i import delta load.

any suggestions....would help

thanks

Bindi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bindi,

I understand you correctly, you want to update the same qualified link even if qualifier 2 and 3 are different (i.e. Text and Date Stamp 2) , but you want to create separate qualifier link when qualifier 1 is different (i.e. Date Stamp 1).

In that case, right click on the compound field you created for the qualified table, then

Set Qualified Update = Update

Then remove all the fields from the column "Matching Qualifiers" except Time Stamp 1

then select New Link = Create

then select Existing Link = Update all mapped fields and click OK and save the map.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you need to have compound field in order to do that?

Can you tell me what is Compound field and how to create that .Do we need to have compund field in order to achive that.

I would appreciate if you can tell me step by step process as to how to achieve this Business Process of Apend ,Update ,Insert.

Thanks

Bindi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u hv more than one Non-Qualifiers in ur Qualified Table & all are Display fields then U need to create Compound Field.

Check this blog to understand why & how to create Compound Field:

/people/pooja.khandelwal2/blog/2006/03/29/taming-the-animal--qualified-tables

On left hand side open ur source file & on right hand side Select ur Main Table.

Now map at least one unique field of main table ( To update its Qualified Link)

Map ur Non-Qualifier (Non Qualifier 1 or Non Qualifier 2... Which ever is display field) & Qualifiers properly

Now right click on Non Qualifier 1 field (Destination Side)............. Choose Set Qualified Update -->Update

U will see new Window......... Here Add Qualifier 1 to Matching Qualifiers side

New Links: Create

Existing Links: Update (All Mapped Qualifiers).

Dont forget to map atleast 1 field from Main Table.

In Match Records Tab make Import Action as Update (All Mapped Fields)

And now import

Thanks,

Maheshwari