cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR component installed in the backend but not being used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

If you have HR component installed in the backend system but it's not being used...Is it necessary to install the HR RTA on top of the non HR RTA?

I mean, if there is no HR data maintained, what would be the benefit?

Could this be causing problems if not installed?

Regards,

Pablo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

I totally agree with Sahad. AC might not work properly and especially provisioning piece in AE (CUP). CUP will use HR RTA to provision to back-end SAP system, if HR component is installed.

Regards,

Alpesh

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To explain in simple words, if you select "isHRSystem" in connector details to YES, then it will look for

HR RTA only.

Thanks

Prem

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your replies.

We will use CUP only for role approval from ERM, so we are not going to use the provision functionality of CUP. So, besides that one, I wonder if any other functionality could be affected.

But, as all of you have said, if SAP recommends to install the HR RTA when the HR component is installed on backend system no matter if you are using it or not, we will have to follow they recommendation.

Regards,

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answers.

Just to make sure, have any of you heard of bugs/issues as a result of not installing the HR RTA on a backend system with HR installed?

I insist on this matter because giving that the client where I am does not use HR component even though it's installed, nevertheless he would have to raise the patch level of the HR component (right now it is at patch 7, and patch 13 or above is required) before installing the HR RTA.

Before I recommend him to install patch levels of a component that he is not even using, I wanted to make sure of its necessity.

Another quick question, could it be that the HR RTA (VIRSAHR 530_700) is at the SP 4?

I wonder if that is correct since all other components (non HR RTA and all of the Java modules) are at SP 5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

What actually matters is the product and not if its functionality is used or not. Even if the functionality is not used for SAP HR system, we need to follow the SAP recommendations . other wise you will get lots of other issues and the GRC products may not even work proper.

>VIRSAHR 530_700) is at the SP 4?

Yes. latest for VIRSA HR is SP4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

I have been asked about this question a lot. It is not necessary to install HR RTA when you are not using HR but it is recommended by SAP to install it.

SAP has not tested this scenario where they do not install HR RTA even if they are not using SAP HR so my recommendation would be to install it. As it will not affect anything in the system.

Regards,

Alpesh

SAP GRC Manager (PwC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

As Alpesh have said, SAP recommends to install both HR and non HR RTAs to your HR system.