cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Role creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created new Role and assigned users to that role . I added HTML page to the particular role and when I go click that link it is saying that java authentication problem. I am unable to see the applets what ever I created for the web page. Is there any thing to add in xMII for the particular role and if add the same HTML page to the Everyone role its working fine.

Thanks

Muvva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muwa,

What MII version are you using?

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana ,

xMII v 11.5

Thanks

Muvva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muwa,

Because of the way MII security works, the user must be logged in to view the web page. If the page had the .irpt extension, he or she would be forced to log in and then redirected to the web page. This does not happen with an html page, it is not routed through MII security. I would suggest changing the extension of the web page to .irpt.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muwa,

Also make sure that role has been added to the Reader role of the template security and the role also has been added to the data servers. Also, the role may need to have access to the Admin and Illuminator services. Please review the 11.5 documentation.

- Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

Thanks for sharing your idea...I was doing the same and I corrected.

Thanks you.

Muvva

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muvva ..

May be you can try the following ...

instead of providing the direct html, you can provide the user with the logon credentials which redirect the page to the desired html page, as follows...

http://Server:50000/logon/logonServlet?redirectURL=XMII/....../YourPage.html

Regards,

Ajay.

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Oopps .. sorry didnt see that the thread is already marked as answered ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for sharing your idea.

I am done with giving read access to new profile like all query and display templates which I is used to my HTML page, now its working fine.

Thanks

Muvva

Answers (0)