cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order based on plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

my question is regarding sales order.when I am not maintained plant in CMR,CMIR &MMR record,when system ask for plant then how u get this plant?because without this the sales order is incomplete.you have many plant,e.g.-100plants how u put which one plant among these plants,how u know?if I have a material,e.g*.xyz* how you will know which plant is relevant for this material

Regards:

kalpa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good explanation

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend

First of all you can maintain a material for about 10 plants

For the system to understand the delivering plant we make records in CMIR,CMR, or MMR

If you dont maintain the records in either of all these then manually you have to remember your plant and input in the sales order

That process can go smooth provided with regard to plant you have your OVL2 settings are right and that plant is assigned to the shipping point in enterprise structure assignment

If you dont maintain records in CMIR,CMR, or MMR then system will not remember anything and you have to manually remember every thing ,as the material can only be created with plant as a organizational data in MM01 and a material has to be maintained in a plant

Moreover if you have plant as 1000 in CMIR of sold to party and plant 1001 in CMR of ship to party and 1002 in MMR (sales org data 1) in sales order you can manually change the plant to 1003 (which is absolutely a new plant not maintained in records) provided that plant 1003 has the material and all the shipping determination and img assignments of that plant 1003 have been done pakka

This means the manual entry will take the complete control for that order

Regards

Raja

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kalpa

First check If assignment happens then you will get the plant

IMG -> Enterprise Structure -> Assignment -> Sales and Distribution -> Assign sales organization - distribution channel - plant

But mainly in OVL2 if you maintain the data then you will get the plant

Because in OVL2 you will be maintaining the combination of shipping conditions + loading grp(MMR) + delivering plant = shipping point

Regards

Srinath