cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure retries for IDOC message in BPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have a BPM in where I am posting an Idoc to a SAP system. If posting this Idoc goes wrong, I would like to have some retries before I eventually send an alert message. Is this possible to configure somewhere in the BPM? If not, can I configure this somewhere else?

Thanks!

regards Pavel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll take your points with me and see what solution I will go for. Thanks!

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>If posting this Idoc goes wrong,

if the posting goes wrong you can restart it automatically in ERP

and not in XI

this is how this SHOULD/NEEDS TO be done

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for that! Just to clarify, I don't mean if the Idoc gets an error inside SAP, I mean if XI for some reason cannot post the Idoc to SAP. Is this how you interpreted it also?

regards Pavel.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

> I mean if XI for some reason cannot post the Idoc to SAP

depends on what reason

you can reschedule restarts of queues (smq1/smq2)

you can restart SM58

you can restart XI messages

so depending on the error there are many ways to restart automatically

Regards,

Michal KRawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

OK, so you cannot specify that the message (if first send does not work ok) should try 2 extra times (say with 30 seconds in between), before it sends out an alert? You are actually depending on a manual intervention to put it that way... hehe...

regards Pavel

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again it depends upon the error. If the error is related to adapter engine, then XI can retry it multiple times automatically. Same is the case with some integration engine related error. In that case too, XI can restart the message.

For adapter engine, settings are required at Visual Admin->server->services-> SAP XI Adapter: XI.

For integration engine, scheduling of report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES could be done as well as parameter could be set at sxmb_adm -> integration engine config -> specific config -> tuning parameter IS_RETRY_LIMIT.

Regards,

Prateek