Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement Actions as buttons and implement SubscriptionManager

former_member188973
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I fight with the UML Configuration. I have a copy of the uwl.standard.xml to work with. I want to bring up two buttons in the DefaultView with the action Refresh and launchSubstitutionManager.

I use this code.

<Action name="refresh" groupAction="refresh" handler="UIActionHandler" referenceBundle="refresh" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="no" defaultGroupAction="yes">
  <Properties>
      <Property name="display_order_priority" value="99"/>
      <Property name="onClick" value="onForceRefresh"/>
  </Properties>
</Action>
<Action name="launchSubstitutionManager" groupAction="no" handler="UIActionHandler" referenceBundle="launchSubstitutionManager" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes">
  <Properties>
       <Property name="type" value="button"/>
       <Property name="onClick" value="launchSubstitutionManager"/>
  </Properties>
</Action>

Now my problems:

1. Refresh is shown as link not as button.

How to change from link to button?

2. LaunchSubstitutionManager is not shown. No link no button.

Can please anybody tell me how to show the "Manage Substitution Rules" action as link or button?

Many thanks for help.

Best regards

Roman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Philipp

I tried to do the same thing as you did. but my version does not work. I create the same Action as you did (made a copy)

<Action name="launchSubstitutionManager_SWISSCOM" groupAction="" handler="SAPWebDynproLauncher" referenceBundle="SubstitutionManager" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes" launchNewWindowFeatures="width=550,height=650,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no">
  <Properties>
    <Property name="WebDynproApplication" value="UWLSubstitution"/>
    <Property name="WebDynproDeployableObject" value="sap.com/tc~kmc~bc.uwl.ui~wd_ui"/>
    <Property name="isnewwindow" value="1"/>
    <Property name="launchContext" value="UWL"/>
    <Property name="ignoreWorkIdParams" value="yes"/>
    <Property name="appContext" value="${context.appContext}"/>
    <Property name="System" value="SAP_LocalSystem"/>
    <Property name="display_order_priority" value="-1"/>
  </Properties>
</Action>

And I include the Action in the DefaultView:

<View name="DefaultView" selectionMode="SINGLESELECT" width="98%" supportedItemTypes="uwl.task" columnOrder="subject, isEscalated, creatorId, createdDate, priority, attachmentCount, dueDate, status" sortby="priority:descend, dueDate:ascend, createdDate:descend" tableDesign="STANDARD" visibleRowCount="10" headerVisible="no" queryRange="undefined" tableNavigationFooterVisible="yes" tableNavigationType="CUSTOMNAV" actionRef="" refresh="300" dueDateSevere="86400000" dueDateWarning="259200000" emphasizedItems="new" displayOnlyDefinedAttributes="yes" dynamicCreationAllowed="yes" actionPosition="bottom" referenceBundle="tasks">
     <DisplayAttributes>
     </DisplayAttributes>
     <Actions>
        <Action reference="defaultGlobalWizard"/>
        <Action reference="addToNavigation"/>
        <Action reference="removeFromNavigation"/>
        <Action reference="launchSubstitutionManager_SWISSCOM"/>
        <Action reference="refresh"/>
      </Actions>

Do you see any errors that i do no see?

For the upload i used the following name uwl.standard.srm for the system SRM

Do I something wrong?

Kind regards

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

does it work for you?

I do have the same problem.

I can make the substitution manager visible in the main window, but only if I am calling the action "refresh".

Thanks for any help.

Best Regards

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tired the same as you did but it does not work.

I createted the following action:

Action name="launchSubstitutionManager_SWISSCOM" groupAction="" handler="SAPWebDynproLauncher" referenceBundle="SubstitutionManager" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes" lunchNewWindowFeatures="width=550,height=650,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no"

Properties

Property name="WebDynproApplication" value="UWLSubstitution"/

Property name="WebDynproDeployableObject" value="sap.com/tckmcbc.uwl.ui~wd_ui"/

Property name="isnewwindow" value="1"/

Property name="launchContext" value="UWL"/

Property name="type" value="button"/

Property name="ignoreWorkIdParams" value="yes"/

Property name="appContext" value="${context.appContext}"/

Property name="System" value="SAP_LocalSystem"/

Property name="display_order_priority" value="-1"/

/Properties

/Action

and included the action in the DefaultView:

View name="DefaultView" selectionMode="SINGLESELECT" width="98%" supportedItemTypes="uwl.task" columnOrder="subject, isEscalated, creatorId, createdDate, priority, attachmentCount, dueDate, status" sortby="priority:descend,

dueDate:ascend, createdDate:descend" tableDesign="STANDARD" visibleRowCount="10" headerVisible="no" queryRange="undefined" tableNavigationFooterVisible="yes" tableNavigationType="CUSTOMNAV" actionRef="" refresh="300"

dueDateSevere="86400000" dueDateWarning="259200000" emphasizedItems="new" displayOnlyDefinedAttributes="yes" dynamicCreationAllowed="yes" actionPosition="bottom" referenceBundle="tasks"

DisplayAttributes

DisplayAttribute name="priority" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" referenceBundle="priority" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes"

Menu

MenuItem name="Low" actionRef="priorityLow" referenceBundle="menu_priority_low"/

MenuItem name="Normal" actionRef="priorityNormal" referenceBundle="menu_priority_normal"/

MenuItem name="High" actionRef="priorityHigh" referenceBundle="menu_priority_high"/

MenuItem name="VeryHigh" actionRef="priorityVeryHigh" referenceBundle="menu_priority_v_high"/

/Menu

/DisplayAttribute

/DisplayAttributes

AllowedFilters

CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="yes" referenceBundle="filter_display_all"/

CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_new"

Expression name="status" value="NEW" comparator="Equals"/

/CompoundExpression

CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_inprogress"

Expression name="status" value="INPROGRESS" comparator="Equals"/

/CompoundExpression

CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_duetoday"

Expression name="dueDate" value="Today" comparator="Equals"/

/CompoundExpression

CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_overdue"

Expression name="dueDate" value="Today" comparator="LessThan"/

/CompoundExpression

/AllowedFilters

Actions

Action reference="defaultGlobalWizard"/

Action reference="addToNavigation"/

Action reference="removeFromNavigation"/

Action reference="launchSubstitutionManager_SWISSCOM"/

Action reference="refresh"/

/Actions>

/View>

I do not see any mistake.. Coud you or sombody else help me with this problem?

Kind regards

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Action name="launchSubstitutionManager_SWISSCOM" groupAction="" handler="SAPWebDynproLauncher" referenceBundle="SubstitutionManager" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes" lunchNewWindowFeatures="width=550,height=650,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no"

Properties

/Properties

/Action

View name="DefaultView" selectionMode="SINGLESELECT" width="98%" supportedItemTypes="uwl.task" columnOrder="subject, isEscalated, creatorId, createdDate, priority, attachmentCount, dueDate, status" sortby="priority:descend, dueDate:ascend, createdDate:descend" tableDesign="STANDARD" visibleRowCount="10" headerVisible="no" queryRange="undefined" tableNavigationFooterVisible="yes" tableNavigationType="CUSTOMNAV" actionRef="" refresh="300" dueDateSevere="86400000" dueDateWarning="259200000" emphasizedItems="new" displayOnlyDefinedAttributes="yes" dynamicCreationAllowed="yes" actionPosition="bottom" referenceBundle="tasks"

DisplayAttributes

DisplayAttribute name="priority" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" referenceBundle="priority" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes"

Menu

MenuItem name="Low" actionRef="priorityLow" referenceBundle="menu_priority_low"/

MenuItem name="Normal" actionRef="priorityNormal" referenceBundle="menu_priority_normal"/

MenuItem name="High" actionRef="priorityHigh" referenceBundle="menu_priority_high"/

MenuItem name="VeryHigh" actionRef="priorityVeryHigh" referenceBundle="menu_priority_v_high"/

/Menu

/DisplayAttribute

/DisplayAttributes

AllowedFilters

CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="yes" referenceBundle="filter_display_all"/

CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_new"

/CompoundExpression

CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_inprogress"

/CompoundExpression

CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_duetoday"

/CompoundExpression

CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_overdue"

/CompoundExpression

/AllowedFilters

Actions

/Actions>

/View>

Kind regards

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Properties

/Properties

/Action

View name="DefaultView" selectionMode="SINGLESELECT" width="98%" supportedItemTypes="uwl.task" columnOrder="subject, isEscalated, creatorId, createdDate, priority, attachmentCount, dueDate, status" sortby="priority:descend, dueDate:ascend, createdDate:descend" tableDesign="STANDARD" visibleRowCount="10" headerVisible="no" queryRange="undefined" tableNavigationFooterVisible="yes" tableNavigationType="CUSTOMNAV" actionRef="" refresh="300" dueDateSevere="86400000" dueDateWarning="259200000" emphasizedItems="new" displayOnlyDefinedAttributes="yes" dynamicCreationAllowed="yes" actionPosition="bottom" referenceBundle="tasks"

DisplayAttributes

Menu

/Menu

/DisplayAttribute

/DisplayAttributes

AllowedFilters

/CompoundExpression

/CompoundExpression

/CompoundExpression

/CompoundExpression

/AllowedFilters

Actions

/Actions>

/View>

Kind regards

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Philipp

<Properties>

<Property name="WebDynproDeployableObject" value="sap.com/tckmcbc.uwl.ui~wd_ui"/>

</Properties>

</Action>

<View name="DefaultView" selectionMode="SINGLESELECT" width="98%" supportedItemTypes="uwl.task" columnOrder="subject, isEscalated, creatorId, createdDate, priority, attachmentCount, dueDate, status" sortby="priority:descend, dueDate:ascend, createdDate:descend" tableDesign="STANDARD" visibleRowCount="10" headerVisible="no" queryRange="undefined" tableNavigationFooterVisible="yes" tableNavigationType="CUSTOMNAV" actionRef="" refresh="300" dueDateSevere="86400000" dueDateWarning="259200000" emphasizedItems="new" displayOnlyDefinedAttributes="yes" dynamicCreationAllowed="yes" actionPosition="bottom" referenceBundle="tasks">

<DisplayAttributes>

<DisplayAttribute name="priority" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" referenceBundle="priority" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes">

<Menu>

<MenuItem name="Low" actionRef="priorityLow" referenceBundle="menu_priority_low"/>

<MenuItem name="Normal" actionRef="priorityNormal" referenceBundle="menu_priority_normal"/>

<MenuItem name="High" actionRef="priorityHigh" referenceBundle="menu_priority_high"/>

<MenuItem name="VeryHigh" actionRef="priorityVeryHigh" referenceBundle="menu_priority_v_high"/>

</Menu>

</DisplayAttribute>

</DisplayAttributes>

<AllowedFilters>

<CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="yes" referenceBundle="filter_display_all"/>

<CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_new">

<Expression name="status" value="NEW" comparator="Equals"/>

</CompoundExpression>

<CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_inprogress">

<Expression name="status" value="INPROGRESS" comparator="Equals"/>

</CompoundExpression>

<CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_duetoday">

<Expression name="dueDate" value="Today" comparator="Equals"/>

</CompoundExpression>

<CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_overdue">

<Expression name="dueDate" value="Today" comparator="LessThan"/>

</CompoundExpression>

</AllowedFilters>

<Actions>

</Actions>

</View>

Kind regards

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Philipp

<Action name="launchSubstitutionManager_SWISSCOM" groupAction="" handler="SAPWebDynproLauncher" referenceBundle="SubstitutionManager" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes" launchNewWindowFeatures="width=550,height=650,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no">
      <Properties>
        <Property name="WebDynproDeployableObject" value="sap.com/tc~kmc~bc.uwl.ui~wd_ui"/>
      </Properties>
    </Action>

<DisplayAttributes>
        <DisplayAttribute name="priority" type="string" width="10" sortable="yes" format="default" referenceBundle="priority" hAlign="LEFT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes">
          <Menu>
            <MenuItem name="Low" actionRef="priorityLow" referenceBundle="menu_priority_low"/>
            <MenuItem name="Normal" actionRef="priorityNormal" referenceBundle="menu_priority_normal"/>
            <MenuItem name="High" actionRef="priorityHigh" referenceBundle="menu_priority_high"/>
            <MenuItem name="VeryHigh" actionRef="priorityVeryHigh" referenceBundle="menu_priority_v_high"/>
          </Menu>
        </DisplayAttribute>
      </DisplayAttributes>
      <AllowedFilters>
        <CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="yes" referenceBundle="filter_display_all"/>
        <CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_new">
          <Expression name="status" value="NEW" comparator="Equals"/>
        </CompoundExpression>
        <CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_inprogress">
          <Expression name="status" value="INPROGRESS" comparator="Equals"/>
        </CompoundExpression>
        <CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_duetoday">
          <Expression name="dueDate" value="Today" comparator="Equals"/>
        </CompoundExpression>
        <CompoundExpression logicalOperation="AND" defaultViewFilter="no" referenceBundle="filter_overdue">
          <Expression name="dueDate" value="Today" comparator="LessThan"/>
        </CompoundExpression>
      </AllowedFilters>
      <Actions>
      </Actions>
    </View>

Kind regards

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved the problem, showing a button for Substitution Manager in the DefaultView of UWL!

Copy the action defaultGlobalWizard and change the following properties:

WebDynproApplication: UWLSubstitution

WebDynproDeployableObject: sap.com/tckmcbc.uwl.ui~wd_ui

In Addition change the name of the referenceBundle (with referenceBundle="SubstitutionManager").

look at the following code-snippet:

<Action name="launchSubstitutionManager_CUSTOMIZED" groupAction="" handler="SAPWebDynproLauncher" referenceBundle="SubstitutionManager" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes" launchNewWindowFeatures="width=800,height=600,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no">
          <Properties>
          </Properties>
    </Action>

After you changed your XML-file "uwl.standard" upload it, clear the UWL-cache and re-register item types of UWL. Next clear the temporary internet files of your browser and logon to the portal with an enduser (if already logged on, log off). If portal caching is activated clear also this cache (System administration -> Navigation)

If your question is answered i would appreciate to give me points for the answer.

Thank you!

Best regards, Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

This is Raji. Even I would like to add the Refresh button in the UWL header .I have written the below XMl code." Refresh button "is appearing in the UWL header table. but If i click on that refresh button, I am getting the below error.

Error :

Unable to perform the request. Try again and if the problem persists, inform your system administrator

Code snippet written :

<Action name="refresh_custom" groupAction="refresh" handler="UIActionHandler" referenceBundle="refresh" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="SHOW_HEADERLESS_PORTAL" defaultGroupAction="yes">

<Properties>

<Property name="display_order_priority" value="99"/>

<Property name="onClick" value="onForceRefresh"/>

</Properties>

</Action>

Appriciate your help.

Raji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raji,

we could not solve it in a certain amount of time and so did not try to solve it.

However, you are probably on the right way. Try to figure out which Web Dynpro Application with which parameters is called, when you click on the refresh. Then, you might "rebuild" this refresh action.

Best Regards

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roman,

I have the same problem like you. I also want to bring up the action launchSubstitutionManager to DetailView, however I am not able to do that.

I tried to add

to the action. So my action looked like this:

<Action name="launchSubstitutionManager" groupAction="" handler="SAPWebDynproLauncher" referenceBundle="SubstitutionManager" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes" launchNewWindowName="Substitution" launchNewWindowFeatures="width=800,height=600,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no">
      <Properties>
        <Property name="DynamicParameter" value="uwlSessionId=${context.uwlSessionId}&amp;configureGroup=${context.configureGroup}"/>
        <Property name="display_order_priority" value="uwlExcludeFromPreviewDetail"/>
      </Properties>
    </Action>

However it was not a success so I want to ask you if you have solved this issue?

Best regards,

Philipp