cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

document does not contain any items with open quantities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am running a scenario for credit memo for service industry, i have created service material & have generated a test cycle starting from inquiry, quotation, sales order & billing.

I have already generated a credit memo request ZCR using VA01.

Now when i am using T-code VF01 & billing type ZG2 to create credit memo (entered the CMR number under sales & distribution document number) in this processing i am getting "Incorrect"error, when i have clicked on that i am gettting following error:

"document does not contain any items with open quantities."

Please tell me if i have missed any step or may be the right procedure to follow.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Sadanand.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you removed the default Billing Block in the Credit memo request. Though the error is because of this, please check after removing the block.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your help,

The problem has been sorted out, it was Delivery block as well as copy control issue.

Thank you.

Sadanand.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Yesterday one of our user have the same problem.

I told him to check the Sales Order (SO) relation with the Out bond Delivery Order (ODO).

I suggested to use the tcode VA02 to change the Sales Order in the column Delivery Block Status. The default always NOT, these condition must change to OK with a tick. Click SAVE on menu bar.

Finally he can create a new Billing as usual with the tcode VF01.....so, tada.....there was no error message anymore.....!

By the way create a new Billing always refer to the specific ODO number that created before (Out bond Delivery Order) based on specific SO number (Sales Order).

That's it

Warm Regard

Pak Set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check the CMR for billing date. And change the billing date in VF01. or Check for any billing block in CMR for billing & release it.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check these threads

[Document does not contain any items with open quantities|]

[document does not contain any items with open quantitie |]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

the error message number i am getting is VF032, rest of the things i have checked from the thread you have provided.They are alright.

Please help.

Thank you.

Sadanand.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sadanand

For the error message number you have indicated, following could be possible reasons

- Delivery created and saved but not PGId

- Already invoiced

- in copy control VTFL, ensure that your billing type is assigned to delivery type and also the item category

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sadanand,

Could you please post the Complete System Error-log for Error: document does not contain any items with open quantities?

To do so,

VF01 --> Key-in SD Doc No. and Execute --> Edit (Menu-bar) --> Log

Meanwhile, You may check following:

1. Item Category Assignment: Check your Copy-Control Settings, whether you have added the item category, in item in copying control?

If not, then add the same. (ref. Transaction: VTFF - Bill-to-Bill Copy Control)

2. Price error in sales document: In Sales Document, it might possible that for one/ any of the item(s), didnt have the Price list or Condition Record.

Once you update the Condition Master for the item you can create the Billing document.

These are few areas, that could be checked, But exact solution could be provided, when detailed System Error-Log would be available, for understanding.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The detailed error shows:

"0090036107 000000 Sales document type ZB1 cannot be invoiced with billing type ZG2."

Thanking you in anticipation.

Sadanand

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VTFA and maintain copy control for your order type ZB1 and billing type ZG2 with the relevant item category.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sada

This problem is due to copy control, your order doc type is not linked with invoice.

Go to VTFA and maintain copy control for your order type and billing type ZG2 with the relevant item category. Try this and revert back