cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change medium of output type at runtime

0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to change medium of output type in user exit userexit_save_document_prepare depending on data.

This user exit is called from VL02N.

For example if the medium is email. And there is no email id available for that particular customer.

Then i want to change the medium of the output type to FAX.

Is there any function module that changes the medium for output type?

Edited by: Girishkumar Hegde on Jan 29, 2009 8:44 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

This is not possible through the user exits , maybe we can acheive with help of system routines which we do in VOFM Tcode. But this requires lot of analysis and time.

The other way is that pls create different output types according to the need like email, printout etc and then use the output determination procedure.

The other simple way is just go for a Zreport which can help you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This requirement you can acheive without any coding this standard setting in SD output control.

In SPRO goto:

Sales and Distribution > Master Data > Basic Functions > Output Control > Determine Communication Strategy

In this section, you define the sequence in which the system should search for communication methods in the case of transmission medium 5 ("send externally") for the specified address.

Define one communication strategy there with communication type INT as first priority and FAX as second.

Assign this strategy to your output type, It will first search for email id of the partner specified in output type if not found the automatically FAX will trigger.

try and revert.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not feasible in the user exits. I would recommend creating different output types for email and fax and handling this situation in the output determination configuration.