cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object class field mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some requirement where in the object class field should be made mandatory(not defaulted) for a particular project profile. Can this be achieved through standard configuration?

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes the same can be achieved by the std. config.

In OPUJ txn selct screen group as Project defination.--> click on infulency filed --> double clcick on project profile > slect project profile for whihc you want to make Object calss as mandatory> scroll down give the object class as req input radio button.

The same can be made for the WBS & for the other fileds as well.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked our configs, the object class was assigned in the control tab of the project profile. I have removed that object class from that project profile. I have created a project with single WBS, network and activity. Tried to save without entering the object class, and it said I have to, then I selected one of the object classes and saved the project.

But when I opened the project, the network has a different object class than the WBS. Is there any way that the object class of network is same as its superior WBS( Apart from substitution)

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating the project when you put Object class in project defination, the same object class will be filled below WBSEs and network. If you change in already created project, it will not change to WBSE and Network. You have change it manually or use mass change.

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not trying for already created projects. After removing the object class from project profile, I have created a new project.

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go in Transaction OPSA (Maintain Project Profile).

select your Project Profile,In Controlling Tab.

Select the required object class in field object class from drop down menu.

After doing this create new project,then it will pick automatically object class from project profile and then check whether your problem gets solved.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is different. The object class on network header should be mandatory(not defaulted). For this, I have removed the object calss for the project profile in OPSA. And our project structure is like one network per a WBS. I have created a project with single WBS, network and activity. Tried to save without entering the object class, and it said I have to, then I selected one object class from the drop down list and saved the project. But when I opened the project, the object class on the network header is different that on the WBS which I do not want.

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to OPUA txn use netwrok profile as the infuencing field

OPUA>F6>double click on network profile> Slect network profile for which you want the object class as mandatory.> scroll down , against object class mark REQ radio button.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thing is that if you want Object class mandatory for Network then go in Transaction OPUA

scroll down to Object class field then select option as Req.

Second as per what i can understand from your query, you can keep field Object class optional for Project Definition via transaction OPUJ.

Also

remember as per heirarchy whatever Object class you enter in Project Def. is copied to WBS then to network.

but what you are doing is directly assigning Object class to network and that too is different from Proj Def., then obviously both will be different.

In OPSA do not give any object class keep it blank.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response

I have done the following configurations

1) In OPSA, object calss field is kept blank

2) In OPUJ, the object class for the project definition is optional

3) In OPUA, the object class field is 'Reqd' for the network type

After creating WBS and network, object class is not selected. While saving the project, system prompts to select the object class for the WBS. When I selected object class the project gets saved.Once the project is opened again, the object class on the network is different than on the WBS(selected while saving the project first time).

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Give one try with this one.

As you told that in OPSA you have removed object class. Note the netwrok profile in OPSA.

Check the noted network profile in OPUU and find & note the filed network type.

Chekc your noted the network type in OPSC and remove the object type from there.

I suspect the same is coming via this way.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already checked this, object class field is blank in OPSC

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any solution to this please

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any possible solution to this please??

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems now Subsititution only would work for this !!

Abhinay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SPRO> Project Systems > Workbreakdown Structures > User Interface Settings > Define field selection for WBS .

execute.

Select Proj. Definition.

search for Object Class and tick the option as Req.

Transaction OPUJ

Regards,

Nitin