cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM-MDM Integration via XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have worked on various ECC-XI-MDM scenarios where in the communication is done using IDocs and XML files.

Now i am starting up a scenario on CRM-XI-MDM Integration. Wherever i read on SDN, i found out that for exchange of messages between CRM and XI, ABAP Proxies are to be used.

I want to know if IDoc XML conversion can be used here(if not, then why not) or proxies are the only way? Please guide me on the same if the scenario is to be done via proxies regarding creation of the proxy, its calling, execution etc.

Thanks in Advance,

Shweta.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to know if IDoc XML conversion can be used here(if not, then why not) or proxies are the only way?

CRM usually supports BDocs which is not supported by XI. However with some coonfgurations, even idocs and RFC communication is possible. The simplest and most efficient would be to use Abap proxy.

For documents, please search on SDN for ABAP Client Proxy.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks a lot for the info.

Can you please elaborare how the integration is done via XI. Kindly provide me the links and the docs if you have.

Also, please tell me if i need to do any initial settings on the XI side , like we do ALE configurations in case of IDoc- XML conversions.

Thanks for your help.

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In case of idoc communication need to do the below

R/3 Side (CRM)

RFC Destination pointing to XI (sm59)

port (we21)

patner profile.(we20)

XI

RFC destrination type 3 pointing to sender(sm59)

port SAP+SID (idx1)

Proxy.

Define MessageType (outbound/inbound)

your case it looks like client so create outbound messagetype and generate proxy and defined the Report or FM Which sends the data to method of proxy.

Rajesh.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborare how the integration is done via XI.

As said above, abap client proxy related integration could be done. For documents, you must use the search option of SDN. For initial settings, you need to activate abap proxy on CRM system using this

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sweta,

As the ECC - MDM Standard content provided for Integration , hope there would be standard content for CRM MDM too.

If so then activate the proxies in the Application System (CRM) it would work with scenarios specified.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Yes there is some predelivered XI content for CRM called BBPCRM and i have got that downloaded and imported into my XI server.

But i dont know hot to proceed further, i mean how to i know the code from to write the ABAP proxy in CRM. And also how to establish a connection between the CRM and XI systems.

Please help.

Thanks,

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swetha,

Please go through the Wiki link for CRM 7.0 configuration with PI 7.0 for IDOC communication.

wiki search

Configuration of CRM 7.0 Server with PI 7.0, Handling common errors shown in SM58 of CRM 7.0 while sending IDoc's

As Prateek said CRM produces BDOC's instead of IDOC's. But even we can get IDOC's using External Interfaces called XIF ( this is inbuilt in CRM for conversion of BDOC to IDOC).

So you can goahead with IDOC communication as usual with this extra settings.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Since u have standard content provided u just need to activate proxies in CRM and just run the standard scenario it wud work no need to write proxies coding i hope , it wud be present in CRM itself provided by SAP , only thing u have to do is to activate proxies configured in u IR.

Same worked with SRM XI Content.

Lemme know

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkates,

I have the contenet BBPCRM in my XI system but its not there in CRM when i run SPROXY.

What can be the reason for the same?

How is activation of proxy done in XI?

Thanks,

Shweta.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check my last reply. I had sent you the blog to activate proxies.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CRM --> S.

PROXY --> Goto --> Connection Test u will be guided series of steps to activate proxies

Kindly refer blog above mentioned , after doing so u wud find u r IR objects fo CRM / MDM ,right click and acitvate proxies it turns green once done sucessfully.

Next run u r standard cycle either from CRM r MDM it wud work

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkates,

I found out that some patch called APPINT200_620 has to be installed in the CRM system to be able to write ABAP proxy.

I talked to my BASIS Team but they said that our BASIS release is 720 and this batch works only with 620 release.

Kindly guide.

Thanks,

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

CRM wud have for sure SPROXY transaction.WAS >= 6.2 have IE inbuilt which supports Proxies of XI.

Try transaction SPROXY ?? R u able to see any page ?

lemme know. If u can find then activate proxies using the blog given above threads.

Rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I can surely execute SPROXY and a page does appear with some namespaces. But the namespace in in IR in XI which is the downloaded predelivered content for CRM doesnt appear in CRM under SPROXY.

Also, at the bottom of the page there is a message which goes like " Only Local Objects, No connection to ESR".

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Halo

Exactly that wat it shows if u have not activated proxies

kindly follow blog mentioned above "how to activate porxies"

doing so it wud show u r IR objects

srini