cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS COST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue.The scenario is like this.I have to make some Procurement against a WBS. But i dont want the cost to be booked for this procurement in WBS. Rather I want the cost to occur only at profit center which have been assigned to WBS.

The WBS is from a project which is for some other Plant.But production is taking at other plant so they are making the procurement for this wbs.In the WBS, profit center has been assigned which belongs to second plant. So when the first plant will run the cost report the cost will come in wbs, At the same time cost will appear in profit center of second plant.

My req. is that cost should only go to profit center and when I will run the cost report for wbs it should not appear.

Regards

Brijesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark this WBSE as statastical if you do not want actual cost of WBSE. Report will show only statistical cost on WBSE. It is not possible to show WBSE Cost nil because procurement is done with WBSE as account assigmnet.

Regards,

Sudhir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

Further to what Sudhir has written:

Once you make your WBSE statistical you'll need to provide 'Actual cost Center' i.e. the cost center where the actual cost will be posted upon some relevant transaction such as Goods receipt or IV.

The cost on the WBSE will be recorded with Value Type 11 (Statistical Cost) where as the cost on your Cost center will be recorded with value type 4 (actual cost).

Hence in your Cost Reports you can filter out value type 11 so that the users do not see it as a cost in the WBSE cost report.

with regards,

Ravi Shrivastav