Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP to Web Dynpro

ali98ics
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi every one,

My case is that, I already have ABAP report with selection screen.

Need to run same report in Web dynpro but with Web dynpro layout.

Now i have created Selection Screen in WD, want to pass entered data to ABAP report and run its logic.

The output should be in WD layout.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ali98ics
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

My Questioins were answered.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well there is no automatic translation of technical concepts between Dynpro and Web Dynpro. You must redesign and rebuild your applications for Web Dynpro. You can still do the submit report function to run the old dynpro report and pass the parameters to it. You should consider changing the old dynpro report by adding a flag to it so that it doesn't try to output the report results. Instead pass the data back by doing an EXPORT TO... or some other way to save the data itab from the results. You can then output these results in Web Dynpro using ALV or normal table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better you create a BAPI or RFC enabled FM and write the report code inside that with all the necessary

importing, exporting and other parameters.

Now you can use a Service call from the WDA to call this RFC and deisgn the WD layout for the selection screen and show the output in a table using Table UI element or ALV.

Please check the SDN for more on using the service call.

Usually the Service call is not called directly, you can practice this way later try to use the classes to aciheve the same.

Regards,

Lekha.