cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in confirmation of material in stock while creating sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having some difficulty getting my head around stock availability when it comes to invoicing. When I check the stock levels of material in MM03 it seems I have 20 in stock, but when attempting to create a sales order for 10 I get the a message that looks like I am only able to invoice a maximum of 5 units.

I am not sure if I am reading this right, this prompt does not appear each time I invoice, and I can not figure out what triggers it. I have happily invoiced lots of this same material number today, without any problems.

Can anyone throw some light on as to what could be the problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christino

First check in MMBE for that material what stock is available under Unrestricted storage location.

Then go to VA02, input the sale order and execute. There go to schedule line tab and see whether the ordered quantity is flowing in confirmed quantity also. If not, from top menu bar, click on Edit -- Item availability so that the stock will be confirmed in sale order.

Now try to create delivery and see whether you are able to post the goods issue.

I believe you are doing delivery related invoicing only, as from your comments

getting my head around stock availability when it comes to invoicing

I am confused

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi.

Yes you are correct when you say that the Invoice raised is delivery related.

Also I checked the Schedule lines of the sales order. In that my order quantity is 10 and confirmed quantity is 5.Though in MMBE and MB52 I can see 20 units.

The Schedule line categoryu used is CP.Does that has to play any role in it?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There should be some open sales orders that is why it is showing 20 units in MB52 and confirmed qty is 5 units and even though your order qty is 10 units check the open sales orders of the material in VA05

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

I checked in VA05 and MMBE and couldnt find any open quantity.

However in my avaliability check of sales order it shows that ATP is 5.

I am not sure as to why the system is showing only 5 quantity.

Also for information, the avalaibility overview screen shows there was a total of 20 units and then 2 sales order were created earlier today . One of 5 and the other of 15.But in both the rows the ATP quantity was 5 still they are confirmed.

I am not sure as to where to look at exactlly.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christino

Check in TCodes VL21 or VL06G whether any delivery is created for the same material and saved without PGId in which case also, in MMBE the entire stock you can see in Unrestricted.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As the system is telling that "the availability overview screen shows there was a total of 20 units and then 2 sales order were created earlier today" then check those orders as i suppose either partial delivery might have been done for those orders or only orders have been created and just saved and that is the reason it is giving confirmed qty of 5pcs only

Go to MD04 give the material and plant and check wheather those sales orders are open or not and you can also check how much qty is available

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

You are correct.

The orders are open yet and are not yet delivered.I dont know why I didnt see them in VA05.

So, now how should I stock the material.It is a trading good with schedule line as CP.

Do I need to ask anybody to run any cycle in production?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you feel that those open sales orders not required for you then close those orders by putting a reason for rejection.

Second option is confirm those sales orders by running V_RA and confirm the delivery date and deliver those open sales orders .

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.Thank you Srinath.

Those orders are required so would do a V_RA and confirm them.

But after confirming the above orders, will I be able to create a new sales order as the stock 20 would be consumed then?

So in that case do I need to run any production cycle or anything else?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If those sales orders are required and if the delivery date is already crossed then do V_RA and confirm those sales orders and do delivery and billing also.

But after doing delivery and PGI for those open orders check how much stock is available for that material .If you have 20pcs in your plant then you can confirm that order also which you want to create But if stock is not there then if you create sales order then the sales order will become an open sales order .So consult your MM consultant and ask him to confirm the stock in the plant so that you can deliver as per the delivery date that has been given by the sales order

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Thanks again.

Can I do the same as I dont have a MM consultant currently for few days.

So is that anything in the system that I can do and make the stock avalaible?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronaldo

As there will be internal settings done by the MM consultant. So its better to take approval of team leader.

If you are doing in the sandbox server then do MB1C and enter the quantity and do stock posting

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath.

I have taken approval from my team leader.

But before doing that I would like to know that generally in production,how do we run MRP.I think this is what we are suppose to do here.Isnt it ?

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronaldo

Take help of your PP consultants . To know more about MRP running

Regards

Srinath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check stock availability in MMBE or MB52

The quantity available here cna anly be confirmed in sales order.

Regards,

Abhee.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

So as the stock level is showing 20pcs then for how much quantity you have done the delivery & PGI.

If you have done Delivery and PGI for 5pcs only then check wheather there are any open sales orders for that material

Check in VA05 by entering the material and by clicking open sales orders and check wheather there are any open orders or not

Regards

Srinath