cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TYPE=B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I get the following error when i ping through JCO destinations on portals.

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=imtsapdev01 GROUP=CLUST R3NAME=DMI MSSERV=sapmsDMI PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR partner '127.0.0.1:3310' not reached TIME Tue Jan 27 16:39:54 2009 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -10 MODULE nixxi.cpp LINE 2823 DETAIL NiPConnect2 SYSTEM CALL connect ERRNO 10061 ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused COUNTER 1

However my JCO destinations were working perfectly until recently. I checked on the logon group. I have one called CLUST, which i use for this purpose.

I have also checked both service files and they have the following for the ECC server im connecting to.

3610 because its system number 10 i am connecting to.

sapmsDMI 3610/tcp

From the JCE destinations screen i cannot even ping the server. I can though when i log on to the server through remote desktop.

thanks and regards

dilanke

as a reply to nishants posts.

goto rz70

give hostname -->

service --> sapgw00 (sapgw(instance number)

execute it

click on yes

check rfc call (success or failed)

I have done this. i left hostname as "blank" gave service as "sapgw10"

The following is what i got as the output.

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Execute program: SLDRFC

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Execute program: SLDMSGSRV

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Execute program: SLDIPSERV

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Execute program: SLDINSTSP

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Execute program: SLDINSTSC

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Execute program: SLDGWSRV

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Execute program: SLDDBSYS

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Execute program: SLDCOMPSYS

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Execute program: SLDCLIENT

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Execute program: SLDBCSYS

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Execute program: SLDAPPL_SERV

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Execute program: SLDASSOC

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Collection of SLD data finished

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Data collected successfully

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : RFC data prepared

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Used RFC destination: SLD_NUC

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : RFC call failed: Error opening an RFC connection.

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Existing periodic jobs removed. Number: 1

0: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Program scheduled: 20090127 184357

1: IMTSAPDEV01_DMI_10 : Event-controlled job already exists; scheduling not necessary

so i guess its not successful. when i look at rz70 of a server where this works correctly its not succsessful either

if it is success then technical system name will be in sld

to restart sld --> /sld --> administration --> stop server --> restart server

or check in VA --> SLD data supplier value --> Runtime

I checked this and i do not see aa problem. you have configuration status as valid and send reult as Success

Services file is locted on OS level of R3 system--> Goto --> Start --> Run -> (type)Drivers(enter) --> etc -> (here is services file)

check ur r/3 server entry is there or not,

I have the followng in the service file for the server

sapmsDMI 3610/tcp

if not add it

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something is wrong with the gateway host definition. It is going to localhost on the portal server, not the real location. That is why you see the

'127.0.0.1:3310'

part of the message...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thanks for you're quick response. when you say gateway host defiition which server are you talking about? the R/3 server portal is connecting to or the portal server itself. I'm a bit confused with this.

Also where can i set this?

I have another R/3 system which portal can connect to seamlessly.The system where i get an error also was working without an issue until recently when it just stopped working. So im thinking its got something to do with the R/3 server.

thanks and regards,

dilanke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somewhere in the JCO destination definition there is an entry saying localhost. It will be on the host where the JCO call is being done to the ABAP system, would be my guess... You might also want to check the technical system definition in the SLD...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I've checked the JCO destination and there is nowhere lacalhost is assigned. its assigned a message server which is the technical system on which R/3 runs on.

I've also checked the technical system and the message server is pointing to the R/3 server. nowhere is localhost used. actually thinking about it im not sure why we get a 127.0.0.1 value there at all.

thanks,

dilanke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe in the ABAP system it has localhost somewhere. You may need to use transaction SMGW to look at the gateway parameters on the ABAP system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Look in following link for detail analysis for this error.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/22/042a58488911d189490000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

You can try to increase JCo maximum connection no. and then restart your server..

Regards,

Jigar Oza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

when ilook at the remote gateway properties in SMGW this is what i see on the R/3 server. ive looked at my other system which i can connect to and there isnt much of a difference in the parameters. How can test this to see if it works?

Details of remote gateway

entry = 0

state = CONNECTED

local = 1

system type = REMOTE_GATEWAY

client = FALSE

wait for frag write = 0

suspended = 0

read/write socket = 4

HANDLE = 4

TIME = Sun Oct 19 18:54:14 2008

SOCKET = 1352

STAT = NI_CONNECTED

TYPE = STREAM IPv4

OUT = 48225 messages 48225 bytes

IN = 1 messages 64 bytes

LOCAL = 127.0.0.1:3310

REMOTE = 127.0.0.1:1297

OPTIONS =

connect = Sun Oct 19 18:52:17 2008

last request = Thu Jan 29 13:09:58 2009

conversation no = 0

thanks and regards,

dilanke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You were right. something was wrong with the sap gateway, when i looked at the trace files they indicated to delete some conversation. I restarted SAP and everything started working again.

thanks again.

dilanke

Answers (0)