Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diaglog Work Process issue

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a dialog work process that had gone into On-Hold and 'PRIV' state. I canceled the process without core. It came out of On-Hold and now its in 'Running' state.

I tried killing the process again from AIX as well as SAP, but it just doesn't go away. The user who started the process has also logged off, but the process is still running.

In SM04 I can see +2GB of memory allocated to that user and I am not able to log-off that user from SM04 as well.

Kindly help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Was resolved by a system restart, but that wasn't the solution I was looking for

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

I have read it. But the problem is, now the Work Process is out of PRIV mode and is in running state.

I just need to kill it now to release the memory. Nothing about that is mentioned on the link you sent.

Thanks.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you cancel without core... and the process was still showing and then you killed the process from OS and its still there... more likely is hanging in limbo... you may have to restart your system.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SM50. Click on the process and choose display file.

See the memory information there and the other info. If you still see lot of memory used by it, Then u may need to restart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The status ON-Hold is quite common when ever the WP hold any resources for its processing. If it is in Running state u can waut for some time so that it will come to normal state. At the same time, Check SM12, SM21and Memory status in the system like Extended memory usage.(ST02)

Hope this is helpful

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos