Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital signatures e-invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, is it possible to sign FI documents using the SAP standard methods (using SAP GUI for Windows)??? I have found many pdf documents on service.sap.com but I have still difficulty in answering the question.

Regards

T

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look for SSF. This is a standardized interface by which external applications can sign/encrypt/decrypt/verify documents. There are several SAP partners that offer software to accomplish this.

0 Kudos

Hi, thank you for your answer!

Yes, I have read it already (SSF and so on), but my question deals with some another issue. I have asked if there is any method to do the digital signing within the SAP GUI for Windows (I mean without any external libraries, applications, ....). By the way: you can configure the SSF if a SAP application can collaborate with that or if you have an external application which need ssfrfc on frond end side. But because of some law regulation in Poland SSF is unfortunately out of the topic. I have found that there is an Active-x method and you can use it like an pop-up window in the SAP GUI for Windows but I could not find any information on that.

Regards

Tomasz Tyczynsk

0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

is PDF an option for you? As of NW 7.0 [Interactive Forms|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/18/ecb69017ad4765855425b97f666470/frameset.htm] support the security functions certification and digital signatures.

Best regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

it seems to be but it concerns an SAP as of WAS 7.0...

regards

TT

0 Kudos

Yes, I have read it already (SSF and so on), but my question deals with some another issue. I have asked if there is any method to do the digital signing within the SAP GUI for Windows (I mean without any external libraries, applications, ....).

Apart from PDF, the answer is no. The SSF functionality is available on the client and on the server, but needs, at least on the client, a separate product.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the 'apart from pdf' mean that there is a solution for SAP GUI for Windows you can use/develop without any external product?

Please look at the Note 868370 - the electronic invoicing, e-invoice:

'(2) PDF file format # the solution can be available as a local, chargeable

product. Is uses the ActiveX components prepared by the Certification

Authorities.'

I guess you can create an application of your own using the ActiveX components.

regards

tt

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.