cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signature

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DMS guys,

Can anybody pl. tell me the step-by-step config. settings for assigning digital signature for the document statuses.

How it works? Wht are the advantage of digital signature.

Regards

Meenakshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Christoph and Manoj reply after doing all their mentioned step please check: using T code SU01 in user tab enter your user name and press F7 check first and last name if it is correct its well and good or else go to change mode and enter correct one, save it because while making digital signature using user ID and password it is must or else it will give an error.

Refer :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki in that My Home > Product Lifecycle Management > ...Home > SAP Document Management (CA-DMS) > Digital signature in DMS for more details.

Thank you

Regards,

Seema Pilankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the followings steps for configuring digital signature..

spro>cross application components>document management-->approval

1) Define Authorization group : u need to define authorization group so that u can use while creating individual signatures.

2)Define Individual Signature : create atleast 2 new entries which will define individual signatures.

3)Define signature strategy : new entries.

a)give one name for signature strategy with description

(optional) and save.

b)in the same window select the entered signature

strategy and click on assign individual signatures on

left hand side to assign signatures.

c)assign atleast 2 signatures which u created in step 2.

4)save and come to previous/main window.

5)select the signature strategy and click on the signatures button on right hand side which is on top of Release and set ur sequence of signatures required while approving.

6)after setting repeat d same proces as 6 and select Release as required for requirement of signatures while releasing DIRs.

7)ur signature strategy is set for use.

Further in DC10 go to required Doc type, click on define document status, and in particular doc status set maintain Status type as Locked(S), maintain content version under attributes and at SignStat select the created Signature Strategy which u created.

everytime whenevr u want to assign digital signature, along wit signature strategy, attributes must be set to content version and status type must be Locked

Create DIR and at particular status where u have set signature strategy, system wil ask for digital signature,if any warning msg cums in yellow thn pls enter and ur digital signature window will appear whr u can proceed further.

Also, the user must have C_SIGN_BGR authorization to work with digital signatures..

hope this helps you..

Thank You,

Manoj

pls consider points if useful..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you have step by step snapshot for maintaining digital signature . send me.

Edited by: chandra shekhar singh on Nov 5, 2009 3:47 PM

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe the following steps could be useful for you:

The required settings are made under

a)Document Management ->Approval?->Define individual Signature .

b)Document Management ->Approval?->Define Signature strategy .

2. Assign a signature strategy to the document status .

3. Also the required settings are made in customizing under

Document Management - Control data - Define Document Types (DC10) - Define document status.

Assign a signature strategy to the document status (As per point no.1 in sign start).

4. Save the changes.

5. Create DIR

6. In DIR once the Document status is set for required digital signature, the system informs you that a digital signature is required. Yellow warning will come, enter two times.

7. The Digital Signature dialog box appears. Enter your comment in the text field. Select the individual signature that is assigned to your authorization group in the Signatures to be executed section and enter the password .Then save it again.6) you can see this digital signaure again, in cv03n, go to top menu Environment --> digital signature. You will get all the details. Thus the Digital signature process has been completed.

Further information could be found at the following link too:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/1c31a243c711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi christoper

Can u plz explan me in detailed. I didnt understand.

Kindly suggest me what to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir,till yellow warning messages I am right, but when i press the button , error message comes saing that "Current digital signatures process has been trerminated".Please helps me to sort it out the isses

Thx

Bhupendra Singh

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this error might be raised if the user name is not maintained completly in SU01. So please check if the first and last name is maintained correctly for your user.

Further please read also SAP notes 935780 and 961420.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir, thx for the prompt response but the problems is still the same .

i have checked the authorisation.it is being correctly maintained

Bhupendra Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, sir, I have four status network for my document, Work Request(P), Reject, Released(S), and As Built,(S).In Documnet status I have defined the signature start for the "AS Built ",When i changed the status from Release to as Built , and saving it system is giving me message that" you must make digital Signatures for this status, also in enviornment tab, the digital signature is inactiv

Please helps me

tghx

Bhupendra Singh

SAP PP

Please come forwards to resolve d the issued

Edited by: bhupendra SINGH on Apr 10, 2009 7:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi... have you resolved the issue? Appreciate if you could share the solution..

Thx