cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Used DC disable

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello!

i'm tring to add a new used DC's in my DC metadata into my Java web dynpro project but function is disabled.

Any suggestion?

thanks

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First rebuild and deploy the DC which you are going to use it in the public parts and close the project then Put that DC in public parts --> rebuild the project.Add that DC into your Used Dc's it will appear.

Thanks,

Tulasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of Component Usage, I believe you may not have added all the Views, Controllers that you need in the second component.

What you do is delete the public part that you have created from both the used and using components.

Then recreate the public part - make sure that you select the "Files" option when creating the public part and select all the files in the used component. Then add the public part(s) to the "using" component.

Also, ensure that you create two public parts - one for API and one for SDA - if you miss either one - the "using" component may not show the "used" parts in the "used DC" section.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

p256960.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks!

i follow your suggestion but...

when i try to add a new entry in used web d. component... i don't see the web dynpro component already put in public use...

(((

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you may have not build, deployed and activated the project where the public parts were created.

You will only see them after the project is deployed and activated.

Try that. Even then if you are unable to see the public parts - close both the projects and reopen them.

That should work.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

p256960.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think you have to create one development comoponent ,then yu can add a used dC

Thanks and Regards

shanto aloor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to explain you better.....

in my project (A) i have a Web Dynpro Components that need use a external Web Dynpro Components made inside a different project (B). ok?

in project B i set my Web Dynpro Components in Public Part but in Web Dynpro Components inside project A when i try to add a new entry in Used web Dynpro Component , i cannot see the Web Dynpro Components inside project B.

In Documentation they explain to put it first in DC Definition. It's ok?

if yes.... then why the function is disable?

Else.... how can i do it???

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you created the public part for project B, you might have selected some option other than Webdynpro Components. Please delete the old Public part and recreate one. After that build your DC for project B and try to add it as a used DC for your ProjectA DC.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If it is local project you didnt get a option of DC MetaData.If it is Development Component Project you will get the option DC MetaData.

DC MetaData is used to include other DC's(which is already created) into our Project based on our requirement.

Thanks,

Tulasi

Edited by: Tulasi Palnati on Jan 27, 2009 10:47 AM