Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI IDoc Acknowledgement - Acknowledgement not possible status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario:

SAP (IDoc - version 7.00) - XI (Version 7.0.1) - 3rd Party Software Solution (JMS Queue)

Problem:

Getting the infamous "Acknowledgement not possible" status in SXI_MONITOR. I only need the transport acknowledgements back to SAP not the application acknowledgements. The messages themselves route fine from source to destination.

What I've tried so far:

- Read through all of Michal's postings & tried suggestions

- Downloaded 'How to handle Acknowledgements for IDoc' & tried recommendations there

- Made the necessary entries in table IDXNOALE on XI

- I went through the checklist in blog: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1180] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

- I've checked Integration Engine Parameter ACK_SYSTEM_FAILURE for RUNTIME category

- Checked in WE05 (SAP Sender) to see if Acknowledgement arrived

- Used transaction RDBSTATE to create a variant SAP_AUDIT_SEND for report RBDSTATE & scheduled a background job for it

- In Integration Directory, created a receiver comm channel called Ack_IDoc

- In SXI_MONITOR for the Acknowledgement (XML Message - Response - OutboundBinding), I can see it read in the receiver comm channel I created (Ack_IDoc)

- In SXI_MONITOR for the Acknowledgement (XML Message - Response - Ack), the status tag says 'AckRequestNotSupported'.

- I've setup my partner profiles for Logical System in XI with ALEAUD Outbound Parameter

- I've maintain the distribution model (BD64)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the Idoc type you are sending(partner type)?

As IDoc Acknowledgement document says that ALEAUDIT is only possible for partner type LS.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I should have mentioned in my first post that I'm really new to SAP XI...Detailed description/s will be really appreciated, especially what needs to configured on which system.

I've set it up as follows:

From SAP I'm sending IDoc ORDCHG.ORDERS02 with Partner Type = LI

On XI for the for the Acknowledgement going back to SAP, I've setup LS Partner Profile with Outbound Parameter = ALEAUD

Will this work?

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Trevor,

In your case only system acknowledgement can be sent back as JMS adapter cannot sent the ack back in the form of idoc.

For this you need to set the partner and schema parameters in the idoc communication channel

as per your requirements.

(Hope you have set the idoc party and scheme for partner type LI as in your case for successfull processing)

Is there a need for app ack??

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the feedback. Getting the System Acknowledgement back would be great

I haven't done what you have suggested below. Can you elaborate on how I do this or point me to some documentation that can help?

There is a need for an app ack but that will come through asynchronously so I've setup another interface for that. The reason I've done that is because the message is passed on from the 3rd party to a 4th party for final processing & then I'll get the app ack back. I see on the forums that there is a way get an ack from a 3rd party in ALEAUD format...So I'll be trying that out...

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh...

Sorry for the late reply. I'm using Service Without Party Business Systems though (for sender & receiver). Will this document still apply?

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

but you have mentioned that the idoc partner type LI ,but XI can handle partners of type LS only.

Did you tried in your scenario sending idocs to XI and its behaving as expected.

Check the payload using SXMB_MONI

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Message is sent through XI fine. It also looks fine on JMS Queue (Used Queue browser to verify this).

It just doesn't do the system ack ok...

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you maintain any entry in IDXNOALE for idoc what you are using.

Check the entry you need to maintain an entry when you dont need an idoc ack.

If you didnt maintain any entry what is the error you are getting for ack.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I've noticed that IDXNOALE can be setup in different ways with exceptions, I've tried testing with several scenarios. How I have it currently setup is as follows:

No acknowledgements requested for all message types for this system Except for the following message types

ORDCHG

When IDXNOALE is like this then no system ack back to sending SAP system & in SXI_MONITOR the message status is set to 'Acknowledgement not possible'. If I use 'Do Not Request Acknowledgement' option on IDXNOALE then no acknowledgements will be sent & the message status in SXI_MONITOR is empty. Also, no system ack back to sending SAP.

Maybe you can go through a checklist of what I need to do from Sending SAP System & XI to get the system ack back to SAP. Or let me know if I can go about this a better way...

SAP Partner sending IDoc = LI ---> to XI ---> to JMS Queue ---> System Ack back to XI from JMS Adapter

Regards, Trevor

Edited by: Trevor Naidoo on Jan 28, 2009 11:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Trevor,

I tried executing the same and seen the status as AcknowledgementNotPossible for Partner type LS in XI but in the R/3 (sending system) i am able to see the IDoc ALEAUD01 with status 53 saying that document posted.

May be check the same for your scenario too.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for all your help & patience with me!

I've been playing around with piles of documentation & making changes as suggested in the documents. I have finally got the the system ack back to SAP sender but I don't know which configuration change triggered it! I'm going to play around with it a little more...

I have given you some points for trying so hard to help me. Thanks again.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to hear )

if you found exact change for your solution to work ,dont forget to post in the forum ,will help all

Rajesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This could be because the receiver adapter does not support the application ack. The error is related to the application ack.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I'm trying to establish why the transport ack is not getting back to SAP. Does the JMS adapter support that ack. I'm not too concerned about the app ack or even if the status is flagged 'Ack not possible' in SXI_MONITOR, as long as the transport ack gets back to SAP fine.

Regards, Trevor