cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in Flights example

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting the Flights tutorial on the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio version 2.0.3. I have successfully completed the first Web Dynpro tutorial.

I noticed that the tutorial documentation provided does not match the actual screens I get while I am doing the tutorial, the greatest differences being in creating a model. However, the hyperlink to "current documentation in the Knowledge Warehouse" (http://aiokeh.wdf.sap-ag.de:1080/SAPIKS/KW/IWB_STRUCT13A3BB3EFF62847AE10000000A114084/IWB_EXTHLP0DA3BB3EFF62847AE10000000A114084/?LANGUAGE=EN&RELEASE=640&IWB_INDUSTRY=&IWB_COUNTRY=&TMP_IWB_TASK=PREVIEW2) does not appear to work.

I completed the tutorial following the documentation as much as I could, and got the following errors:

nodeBapi_Flight_Getlist_Input() is undefined for the type IPublicFlightsController.IContextNode FlightsController.java Flights/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/test/flights line 85

currentBapi_Flight_Getlist_InputElement() is undefined for the type IPublicFlightsController.IContextNode FlightsController.java Flights/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/test/flights line 146

Please let me know where I could have gone wrong, or where I can find the documentation that matches the version of Studio I am using.

Thanks,

Woei Tyng

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Case sensitivity was the cause of my problem.

Woei Tyng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Woei Tyng,

1. The knowledge warehouse link you mention seems to be an internal SAP link, so you can't access it from the outside. The tutorial seems to be not the last actualized one, you can find the newest BAPI tutorial at: https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/developerareas/webdynpro.sdn?page=TutWD5_BAPI.htm

2. Context nodes and the methods which are generated to access them and their elements are in general case-sensitive. So if the tutorial tells you to create a node "Bapi_Flight_Get<b><u>L</u></b>ist_Input" but you created "Bapi_Flight_Get<u><b>l</b></u>ist_Input", copy and paste of source code will fail.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan