cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing of Idoc for given MaterialList

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a scenario where i will be receiving idoc data of material and if the material is of peculiar one then i need to process the idoc else i need to reject the idoc.

I have been provided the list of materials for which i need to process .(its huge list).

How can i proceed for this.

Thanks in Anticipation

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If Material can be defined as a range or some cases like starting with particular character then better you block it in conditional receiver determination.

Thanks!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may receive the idoc till XI. In mapping you may check the idoc number from the predefined list provided to you. If the list is in some table format in SAP system, then you may use RFC lookup. If in database table, then you may use JDBC lookup or else you may use XI Value Mapping. If the value is not found in lookup, then you may raise an alert directly from the UDF and stop further processing.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Prompt reply.

If i am correct value Mapping is for key value pair ,and in this case we dont have any table maintained in R/3 and JDBC table for the same. How to maintain the same in valve mapping ? IS that be efficient as i have a big list of materials (above 200)

Rgds

Rajesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case you must be maintaining the list somewhere. Even if it is a simple file, you may simply use file lookup.

/people/sundararamaprasad.subbaraman/blog/2005/12/09/making-csv-file-lookup-possible-in-sap-xi

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek,

I need to compare the material with the existing material list and if material existsin the list then i need to proceed further.

Can you please provide me more steps for this to achieve.

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think creating a table and using RFC lookup would be easier for maintenance, otherwise u can do a ABAP mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

How Can i acheive this with ABAP Mapping.

I think i need to maintain a table for this and compare each material with the material of idoc ...

Can you please provide more details on this?

Rajesh

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

The best option would be as Prateek said, go with RFC lookup. In R3 Side, since you have the existing table, better write an RFC just to check the material number and return with Yes or no. Then with Dynamic receier determination, you can send it to the acutal receiver or to the error ones to an email, or to any other reciever.