cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any workaround to add component value to Plan value for Non Valuated stock?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As you would be aware that on attaching Material component to NWA when Project Stock type is non-valuated, the 'Cost Relevancy' indicator on the component greys out and can't be ticked. Due to this, Value of material component does not get added to the plan value.

Thru is notes (for eg 533207, 0000677169), SAP says that 'Cost Relevancy' for NV stock is not possible (possibiliy due to programming limitations).

Has anyone of you found anywork around that despite this short coming value of components can be added to plan value and thus getting added to assigned value for availability control purpose.

Pls suggest. Any out of box solutions or initial ideas are also welcome.

with regards,

Ravi Shrivastav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One immediate solution I could think of to have a cost activity in the structure and plan the estimated production/component cost throught it. This will add to assigned value as it is planned through network....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Thanks for an idea. However, I am generating a PR from the NWA so the prob I see is that after generating the PR from my NWA in question, there will be a commitment which would not automatically remove the plan values on the Gen Cost NWA that you have suggested, hence I'll be crossing the budget unless I go back to the Gen Cost NWA and delete the planned amount there. But its a workable idea nonetheless.

I have tried using the 'Mat.planning' field on the Int NWA also. It works as far as adding to the assigned value and shows in the planned amount but again the same problem; attaching the material component does not reduce this amount as it would do in case of a cost relevant component.

with regards,

Ravi

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the material planning field will not get double counted

that is the way the system works is

material planning field 5000

PR for NWA 500

Plan costs will show 5000

material planning field 5000

PR for NWA 6000

Plan cost will show 6000

The purpose is to plan material for which purchase values are not known however as soon as the PR/PO with values is generated the system will take the plan value of PR value whichever is greater

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou Virendra. However we are talking about a specific situation here when the Project Stock is Non valuated thus the material components are not considered to be 'cost relevant' (Cost Rel indicator gets unchecked and becomes unavailable for input.

perhaps you missed my last line "but again the same problem; attaching the material component does not reduce this amount as it would do in case of a cost relevant component"

Edited by: Ravi Shrivastav on Jan 27, 2009 10:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether the Secondary Cost Element is maintained.

Answers (0)