cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection point

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts,

I am using inspection type 04 for material.

I am maintaining inspection point 100 in header of my inspection plan.

In my inspection plan I have maintained more than one group counters, for each group counter I have maintained inspection point 100.

Now, my requirement is that when I record results againts 1st inspection point and save that inspection point, can I now change the specification in inspection lot and generate new inspection point for which I can feed the results for this new specifications for inspection lot.

Is this scenario be handled with Long term char.

Please give me your suggestions.

Regards,

Amit Shirsath.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor

Hello Amit,

1. I feel Option 1 suggested by Shyamal will be more towards your requirements.

2. If you are going to inspect all the quantity that has been produced, 2nd option will not serve the purpose as effectively as first one.

However you can try following if this works for you,

1. Create 2 different operations in your inspection plan. One for BIS and another for CFR.

2. Define MICs in each of these operations as per the specifications laid by these standards.

3. Whenever user will do RR he can record operation wise.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for the reply.

I think this is the only way possible for my issue.

Regards,

Amit Shirsath.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Once the Inspection plan is assigned to the lot and RR is started, now you can't incorporate any change in inspection lot, you do in inspection plan.

The only option you will have is to use Unplanned Characteristic. That will be available there in the Result recording screen itself.

To use it you will be in need of such MIC (Complete Copy Model) as prerequisite. That can be created at any stage till you have not perform the UD.

The long term characteristic is used to record result after you have completed the UD. But for that thing also you must have it in your inspection plan at the time you assign the plan to the lot.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Thanks for the reply,

I dont think this will solve my issue,as user have to do lot of work in my case, I will explain my scenario in details,

When I am doing GR from production, producion dept wants to check the sample againts two specifiications, say BIS (Indian Std) and CFR ( for US FDA). Now, can u suggest a best option availalble in SAP.

I have also tried multiple specifications for this scenario but due to some reasons I cant implement the same.

please give your suggestion.

Regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Option:-1

Club these two inspection plans.

Option:-2

Hence you are not able to use Multiple specification, the other option is you have to create two inspection lots.

E.g. Say you are manufacturing 1000Nos of product (FERT) and as per your requirement you will be inspecting it with two specification BIS & UD-FDA. Now your having a Pro.Order of 1000Nos. and confirming the 9979Nos as final confirmation, system prepares the GR of the same quantity. System is giving you one lot for which you need to perform RR with both BIS and US-FDA.

Here you need to twist the system a bit, don't confirm the entire quantity at once, it will be very sure at the time of confirmation, confirm it like 4000Nos + 5979Nos.

Confirmation<1>, 4000Nos for BIS will create inspection lot A use the relevant inspection plan for it.

Confirmation<2>, 5979Nos for US-FDA will create inspection lot B use the relevant inspection plan for it.

You must keep value of the filed "Control Inspection lot" as 'Each Material,Batch,Material Document' in detail information for inspection type (04), inspection setup, QM view, Material Master. To have separate inspection lots for each GR.

Regards,

Shyamal