Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Sales Area...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the need of combining Sales or. Dist. channel. Division in

SPRO>Sales & Distribution>Sales>Sales Document>Sales Document Header--> assign sales Area to Sales Document Type

One of our client has not assigned the same still its working fine...

Regards,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding we require to assign sales order to sales area in OVAZ only if we have maintained reference sales area. If you do not maintain entries in following Tcodes it is not required to maintain order type in OVAZ

OVAO:- Reference Sales Org.

OVAM:- Reference Dist Channel.

OVAN:- Reference Division.

This is working fine in my system.

The OVAZ settings are required only if you want certain documents to be permitted to certain sales areas.

I hope this is correct. Please add inputs if I am wrong.

Regards,

Abhee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in my client's system,

in OVAO,OVAM,OVAN just entries are maintained but NO Reference dist ch, division or sales org is maintained.

is it the reason why system not showing any error?

& no entries are there is OVAZ!

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to my understanding the entries come default with blank Reference entries. If you maintain entries in place of blank, and do not maintain sales order type in OVAZ, the system shows the error.

Regards,

Abhee.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

OVAO Combine sales orgs means when you create sales order or order type the system will check whether the same order type can be used in the reference sales org which you have mentioned in OVAO

Then only it is possible

OVAM Combine distribution channel means when you create sales order or order type the system will check whether the same order type can be used in the reference distribution channel which you have mentioned in OVAM

Then only it is possible

OVAN Combinedivision means when you create sales order or order type the system will check whether the same order type can be used in the reference division which you have mentioned in OVAN

Then only it is possible

This means if you input sales org as 0003 in the sales order (order type OR) and if you have reference sales org as 0005 against 0003 in OVAO then the system will check whether order type OR is allowed for 0005 and not 0003 eventhough your input as 0003

The system will check what is assigned in the reference field and not in its original field

Similarly for dist channel and division

If you do these activities only OVAZ is allowed or you can do OVAZ

OVAZ finally controls whether the order type is permitted for that sales area

It would have been done already in your client

As Mr.Srinath said if you log out then relog it will throw error

If you have to make any entries in OVAZ then OVAO,OVAM and OVAN should have been done

As per my knowledge without assigning order types in OVAZ i dont think we can create any sales order for any paricular sales area

Pls check

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Jan 27, 2009 1:57 PM

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

I do agree with your words that while creating sales order it wont give any error but you can proceed .but later on it once you logout and again login and create sales order then system will give error . So we should check wheather that document type is assigned to the sales area or not in OVAZ

Regards

Srinath

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is needed to enable the sales order type only for few sales areas and not for all sales areas in the system.

You may be incorrect in your finding. You may not find that the sales area is not linked to the document type, but it is working for the sales area. Here is the role of the Reference sales org, Reference d.channel etc.

During configuration, your sales area would have been referenced to some Reference sales area and this reference sales area is linked to your doucment type. Thus the process is enabled for your sales area.

Please check this

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

Only if you assign your order type to your sales area in OVAZ, you can create sale orders and I am really surprised to see your comments.

client has not assigned the same still its working fine

Please recheck and confirm whether your findings is correct. In standard, without the assignment of your sale order type to your sales area in OVAZ, once you give order type in VA01, system will immediately throw an error.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our client's System,

In OVAO:- There is no reference Sales Org.

In OVAM:- There is no reference Dist Channel.

In OVAN:- There is no reference Division

In OVAZ:- This is totally Blank

still we are creating Orders with Different Document types...

pls help me in this...

Regards,

Amol