cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Search help assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like in R/3 screens, we can assign a field which will determine the input help to use, can we have a similar functionality in Web Dynpro abap?

THanks in adv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Yes we have , if data element has the search help and if you give the type of attribute is the data element which have serch help.Automatically your input field will have serach help.

Eg:

Take one input field in the layout and bind that with context attribute carrid of type scarrid then activate and execute.you will find the serach help for carrdid field.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I think my question was not very clear.

I know the input help comes automatically based on the Data element.

What i was asking is that like in R/3 Dialog screens, we can assign a parameter to the search help. That parameter value we can change in the program and the corresponding input help would be then called.

Can we have a similar thing in Webdynpro? I want to have a parameter which will be populated at runtime with the name of the search help to be called?

Actually my problem is, when user presses F4 on one input field, i want to do some validations whether another field is populated or not. If it is not populated, I dont want to show F4 help, and want to give error in that case.

But if the value of the other field is populated correctly, then I want to show F4 with the correct values.

Thanks.