cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking the Transport Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru

I have three system landscape. I would like to lock/protect all those request which had been transported or mark as "critical". So that no one can transport request by mistake,

Regards

Vimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure of locking an individual request. But you can lock the import Queue itself if required.

To do this, go to STMS->click on import (truck)-> choos the system whose import queue needs to be locked-> Either double click on the system or click on display -> now u can see a lock symbol-> click on that.

It will lock the import queue which means that no one can import any transport request into that SYSTEM.

To unlock, follow the same procedure. Instead of lock symbol u will see UNLOCK symbol.

PS: PLease note that u need to lock the import queue onle WHEN u are sure that u dont need to import any requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

> It will lock the import queue which means that no one can import any transport request into that SYSTEM.

Locking the queue has the effect, that the next import_all will import nothing, as the imp_all sets a stopmark as the first step and import all requests up to that mark. Locking the queue means nothing else then setting this mark. The last step the of an imp_all is deleting the stopmark.

But you can mark a request and click on the small truck anytime. This request will be imported!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could be clear on the issue whether you want to lock the imported transport requests or the requests which have been released only.

Here if you want to lock the imported transport requests you can lock in STMS>IMPORTS.

Regards,

prabhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos