cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment cost transfer to condition types of PO

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI! I saw this note 427944 which states the rules to transferring the shipment costs into the condition types of the PO:

The shipment cost value (without tax amounts) is cumulated for all relevant shipment cost documents for each service agent and transferred to a corresponding condition type of the purchase order item. Before cumulation, the amounts are first converted into the purchase order currency.

1. A transfer of the values for each condition type (similar to the transfer from a shipment cost document to the SD billing document) is not supported.

2. If different service agents exist in the shipment cost documents, a corresponding number of condition lines (with value 0) must be specified in the purchase order item. These can always belong to the same condition type (in schema 'Manual') or also to different condition types (not 'Manual'):

a) Manual condition lines: If the condition type in the schema of the purchase order is marked is 'manual', the condition type must be created (with value 0) in the purchase order item before the goods

receipt. If delivery costs are expected from different service agents, several non-valuated entries must be generated for this condition type. If more condition lines exist than required, these are then no longer taken into account. If condition lines are missing, the last service agents are not settled.

- Advantage: You only have to define one condition type for the delivery costs.

- Disadvantage: Each purchase order must be processed manually before the goods receipt.

b) Automatic condition lines: If the condition lines are to be generated automatically for the delivery costs (the condition type is not flagged as 'Manual' in the schema), the schema must have

enough condition types to settle several service agents. If more condition lines exist than required, these are then no longer taken into account. If condition lines are missing, the last service

agents are not settled.

- Advantage: The goods receipt can be carried out without manual preparation beforehand in the purchase order.

- Disadvantage: You must define identical condition types with different names.

I can understand point a about the manual condition lines and have tried it out myself.

But I don't quite understand point b about the automatic condition lines and so I need some clarification here.

1. Does that mean I do not need to maintain the condition type in the PO?

2. Does that mean the system will automatically find a condition to put the shipment cost for each service agent?

3. How does the system know which condition to take then?

4. I tested with the 'manual' field not flagged in the PO schema but no shipment cost is transferred. Is it because of the existence of other normal condition types that are also not manual?

Appreciate any help to this.

Thanks!

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

No answer