SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is MC Deactivation/blocking possible?

kumarg5
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Question:-

I just wanted to know, for an MC (Merchandise Category) does any of the following possible?

- Setting up deletion flag

- Blocking an MC

- Deactivating an MC

Reason:-

We have so many MC's in our system, and we want to do some cleanup, I heard of MC archival, but we never did it. i mean to say, tried it but couldnt finish it.

So, if there exists a blocking of MC, (like we block sites when not in use), then, my purpose of system restriction in terms of article creation is achieved. (this will be some regular activity and hence i dont want to take it up thru authorisation, it will be a separate project by itself.)

another thing, MC deletion is possible but there are lot of checks in it, and i find it practically very difficult to complete the deletion.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I don't know a possibility to block an MC. Deletion is only possible if

Maybe you could use the Authorization group in the Merchandise Category basic data to prevent people from using this MC.

As far as I know, there is no archiving of MC's. You can only delete them. Befor you can delete them, you have to make sure that:

- No materials (except the value-only material and reference material) are assigned to the MC

- The MC is not assigned to sites

Regards,

Tobias

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I don't know a possibility to block an MC. Deletion is only possible if

Maybe you could use the Authorization group in the Merchandise Category basic data to prevent people from using this MC.

As far as I know, there is no archiving of MC's. You can only delete them. Befor you can delete them, you have to make sure that:

- No materials (except the value-only material and reference material) are assigned to the MC

- The MC is not assigned to sites

Regards,

Tobias

0 Kudos

I agree with Tobias. Also remember to deactivate the assignment to hierarchies.

Regads,

Juan Carlos

kumarg5
Participant
0 Kudos

Only MC deletion is Possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check this may be you can get some help.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005ehp_04/helpdata/en/8e/07c7ec6f5c11d38ce2080009d10d9a/frameset.htm_

Thanks

Ashu