cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice creation in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to create webservice in XI, and give the WSDL file to other team. the other wanted to test this Webservice, they just want to see if the data is passing to the XI server or not.

so, How do i create webservice, so that i can give them response "yes", meaning it is reaching Xi server.

thanks in advance for your answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

I think you want to check if you can send soap Request to XI.

For that you configure normal SOAP to file scenario. and in ID you generate the Webservice for your configuration for this you would require Sender Interface Name, NameSpace, Sender Communication Channel, and Sender Service name.

After giving all these info system will generate WSDL file for the interface you have specified.

Give this WSDL to your team, Ask them to generate SOAP request using this file (XML SPY can be used to gfenerate the soap request from WSDL). There is no need to do anything in SLD.

Thanks

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

You can generate the wsdl in the integration directory.

Find the below link.

In that see page 16. The step by step process is shown clearly.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/soa-middleware/soa...

Regards,

Leela

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create/declare a webservice in SLD. Then call that webservice in ID.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

How do i create in SLD?

I thhought i have to create the design objects in IR (repository) and define it as webservice in ID(directory)..

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You create the design objects in IR. For routing, you create them in ID. Since the system you are connecting to is non-sap you need to:

1. Declare the webservice in SLD by adding systems in the technical landscape and business landscape. You can call the webservice via business system.

2. Create the business service for other external parameters.

3. Call the business system as part of sender or receiver agreement

Hope this helps,

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In ID, go to Toools menu and selct define web service. Select your outbound interface and and namespace. Specify *s in the next screen and finish.

You would need to provide web service end point url in the initial screen. Search the forum for the WSDL url.

VJ