cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File(PDF as attachment)-->XI-->WebService(SOAP with attachment)

Jitendra_Jeswan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi i have following Scenerio in my hand,

File>XI>WebService(SOAP)

Kindly help me in implementing the Following Scenerio;

I need to attach PDF to File Adapter as PayLoad or give it to File Adapter as Attachment which in turn send this data to XI and then XI wud generate WebService having this PDF as attachment.

Kindly Walk me thru all the steps during Configuration and design and do guide me how to test wether this scenerio works or not.

Also tell me abt the WebService i need to use to test the Scenerio.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeet,

If you want your file adapter to read contents from a PDF file, check out the folloing blog,

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/31/xi-read-data-from-pdf-file-in-sender-adapter">Sender File Adapter with PDF</a>

If you want your file adapter to generate its output into a PDF file, then check the following blog,

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/27/xi-generate-pdf-file-out-of-file-adapter">Receiver File Adapter With PDF</a>

Sriram's blog on FILE to HTTP scenario might of be help to you too. It also deals with Syn / Async Bridge which can be ignored.

<a href="/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi">File to HTTP</a>

Do let us know if you need any further help,

regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jitendra_Jeswan
Contributor
0 Kudos

hey Abhy thanks,

but i have already gone thru those contents.

wat exactly i need to do is... i need to pass PDF to webservice and chk wether webservice is able to receive that or not, and i have tried that option of "keep attachment" but i guess i need a webservice that accepts the PDF as attachment or as parameter.So i m luking for the one which i can take and test wethr iXI is able to pass PDF to Webservice or not.

So need help in that direction.

Many thanks to all.

Jeet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeet,

We have a similar requirement. Could you please share with us the solution that you had considered.

I know it been like long time since you worked on this requirement. But any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pritish

Jitendra_Jeswan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys....

It really helped...!!

But i was Wondering how cud i take PDF as an attachment from File Adapter and pass it to WebService using XI so that , the WebService can Extract data from PDF and does some OPeration..!!

Attaching PDF to my the Payload and sending it to Integrarion server is ok, i m done wth that, now how can XI pass it to Webservice it calls?

Any help wud be appreciated.

Many thanks Once again to all.

Jeet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeet,

Just go through these links and they will surely help you solve the second part of your scenario:

<a href="/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi Webservices using SAPXI</a>

<a href="/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/23/communication-between-sap-system-webservice-using-proxies between SAP System & Webservice Using Proxies</a>

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeswani,

You can explore "Conversion Agent" . Thoe i do not have first hand experience using it, i beleive it is the best approach to process unstructured documents like pdf in XI.

To read a file as attachments , there is this additional files option , http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3c/b4a6490a08cd41a8c91759c3d2f401/content.htm .

SOAP receiver adapter has the Keep Attachments option , enabling it should help pass on the attachment to the server hosting the web service.

Regards

Saravana

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For invoking WebService from XI, refer following blog.

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

Just for reference-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40728f7b-0401-0010-d9bc-8c7...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/29/5bd93f130f9215e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Moorthy