cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Country and Tax Category in Customer Master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please clarify this for me.

I did search this forum related to the above sub. I was able to find similar questions but was not able to find solution.

When trying to create a customer with a different country code for example say Canada (CA), My thinking is it should be CA on Sales Area --> Billing --> Taxes screen. But it is defaulting to US and UTXJ.

Is there any configuration to default country code entered on the general tab to get default in taxes tab?

Regards,

Mahibhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member266852
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the assignment of Sales organisation and Company Code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shambu, Assignment is fine. Is there any specific field i have to check on or any specific field value to be maintained?

Thanks,

Mahibhan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mahiban

Check in your sales orgn & company code what county code you have maintained

Check in your plant what country code you have assigned and what plant you have assigned in CMR

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinath,

I'm not maintaining any county codes. And this issue persist even when plant is not maintained in the customer master.

Mahibhan

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahiban

The problem is in the tax determination , so kindly check the tax data you maintained and assigned to your plant in Tax determination

IMG->SPRO->sales and distribution->Basic functions->Tax determination-> In tax determination check the steps

Kindly check what is the tax procedure assigned to the country you assigned in the CMR ,say if it is IN then check the tax procedure assigned to country IN

Kindly check these links to get more details

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/9c/a6c2146b4b11d395b200a0c929f4c9/frameset.htm]

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/37/048c3c4dd23678e10000000a114027/frameset.htm

[https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=21482291&messageID=6841631]

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I did figure out the reason for country and condition type getting defaulted in billing tab taxes in CMR.

Its the following configuration.

Country code in Company code, Sales org and Plants assigned to sales org.

The priority is taken by the Country maintained in the Plants assigned to Sales Org.

Condition type assigned to Country.

You all might be knowing this. But his might be helpful to those face this issue.

Thanks for all your help.

Friends i have one more related issue.....

Say my Company Code, Sales Org and Plants are in US.

If im creating a US customer its fine if it defaults Country US and US Condition type (UTXJ - Tax based on Jurisdiction Code)

What if im creating a Canadian Customer, What should be the tax condition as im using Tax procedure with jurisdiction code?

Mahibhan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahibhan

Go to OVK1 and see whether you could see for country CA, Tax Category CTX1 to CTX3 is flowing. If not, you have to maintain and then try to create customer master.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Lakshmipathi, I have these maintained. Still i have the issue.