cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Book /Security Issue

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

Even though i got the SAP_ALL authorization, some reason, i lost the authorization to change the Planning Book. I checked C_APO_PB object, it got *. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

thx

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

Thx Visu getting back so qucikly. I will try this option and let u know the results.

thx

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know, if you are not having authorisation to create a planning book or to change an existing plannig book.

If its an existing planning book, there is a field in the dataview which could be set to 2.

2 would mean that only the creator of the dataview can change the dataview.

You could check this by getting into the dataview tab while editing a planning book.

Please let me know if this helpd you

Edited by: Anuradha Vaidya on Feb 6, 2009 2:33 PM

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply. I already tried SU53 nothing came up. In production ( Where system is locked). I used to change the Key Fig attributes in Planning Book. Security did some changes recently and after that, i lost my authorisation to change the PB. I checked with SAP_ALL also, nothing worked.

thx

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

One thing that you may want to try is analyzing the system trace in Tcode ST05 with authorization trace or you can switch on debugging and see if you can find anything.

1. Authorization trace:

Go to ST05, switch on authorization trace for you and then change the planning book. When you get the error or authorization failure, go back to ST05 and witch off the trace, and analyze it.

2. Debugging.

Go to transaction /sapapo/sdp8b, enter your planning book and then enter "/h" in the upper left hand side command window( when we enter transaction codes) and then click on change, you can see the code and try debugging it.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jeff,

When you try to chnage the planning book, it gives an error saying you are not authorized. Did you check SU53 immediately after this error so that you can find out what object the system is checking and that it couldn't find in yours?