cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup matrix - setup time disappears for the first order of a new week.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just started testing using the setup matrix and had a few questions.

I have created a setup matrix and I have entered 2 planned orders in PPT. The first planned order ( for product A) is on wednesday and the second order is on friday. The order on friday has the setup time included in the order along with the processing time. When I move the second order to the monday of the next week, the setup time disappears.

1) Can someone confirm if this is the standard behavior? I

2) IF yes, what is the logic behind it? Because for a 7 day workweek, I might run one order on sunday night and will need that setup time for the product for monday.

I would appreciate it if anyone can help me out.

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I assume that the processing is common for both A and B. If it is the case, the system has done the job right because the set up time is common for A and B as per your initial setting.

When you drag down order from Fri to Mon, no further set up is required and hence the set up time has been disappeared. This will work for cases where you have got common resources or the multimix resources.

Regards,

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Processing is not the same as you mentioned, they just use the same resource. That is the reason why we DID initially have a setup time for B when it was on friday of the 1st week(while the order for A was on wednesday of 1st week).

The problem is when I move the order for B to monday of next week, setup time disappears. I am wodnering what has changed as all we did is move the order to next week.

Hope I am clear this time.

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Please confirm whether your issue is resolved or not?

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still looking for answers to my questions in the original post. Since the planned orders are for different products, I would expect to see the setup time for the order on monday of the second week.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

As both the planned orders belongs to same product, A I guess the resources are common for both the planned orders. Normally set up times will be used by system whenever any change in resources when switching over from one product to another product.

In this case, when you are switching product from Fri to Mon, the system won't include set up time as it is no change in resource. Only processing time will be taken into account.

Please confirm whether your query is solved or not like.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My apologies -

The second planned order is actually for product B. That is the reason why I see the setup time for the second order when they are both in the same week. As soon as I move the second planned order(for B) from friday to monday, the setup time disappears.

Thanks

Varun