cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow problem under LDAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing LDAP while testing 5.5.63.86. No issues in connecting to Data Manager. But, in Workflows, when clicking on the Workflow Owner, it hangs up with an hourglass and never returns the list of available IDs. So, I can not change the owner of a workflow. It also hangs up when launching the Visio document. It displays the workflow in Visio but keeps the hourglass. Any ideas why itu2019s hanging up?

Thanks,

Rich

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that this problem exists because of an LDAP issue? Have you tried doing the same procedure on that release version without the LDAP configuration? It sounds like either a bug or a misconfiguration in LDAP which causes MDM to be unable to retrieve the ID's from your Windows Server, but you may want to test without LDAP to make sure.

Edited by: Harrison Holland on Jan 26, 2009 5:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. It is definitely only an issue under LDAP. I just got word that a tester got a response back in Data Manager after 45 minutes, and SAP suggests that it's due to the size and structure of our user directory. Has anyone else experienced this performance issue and found a workable solution?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am facing problems while connecting MDM and LDAP.

I have done all the settings. It seems I am able to hit MDM but when I connect to Data Manager, I get error that the user has no roles.

Note: Due to tight security in AD team, I had to use memberof attribute instead of creating a new attribute called "mdmroles".

This is what I am having in mds.ini file.

[MDM LDAP]

LDAP in Use=True

Server=10.208.36.21

Server Port=389

Base DN=CN=Users,DC=GO-D01,DC=LOCAL

Admin DN=CN=Go-svcmdm,CN=Users,DC=GO-D01,DC=LOCAL

User Identifier=SAMAccountName

MDM Roles Algorithm=TraverseSearch

MDM Roles Attribute=memberOf

MDM Email Attribute=mail

Trace Level=0Fallback in Use=True

Fallback Roles=Admin