cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sdconfigeration for new plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

My client has purchased new plant ,which is not having SAP.Now he wants operations for this plant to be done in SAP, as SAP is available with client.

Pls let me know what all the confirgeration has to done from SD perspective for the new plant creation.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards

T.Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srikanth

Plant creation and assignments comes under the purview of MM. However, you can check whether the following settings are made

- Plant is created in OX10 and assigned to Company Code in OX18

- Plant is assigned to your sales area in OVX6

- Business Area is assigned to Plant and Division in OVF0

- If you have warehouse concept, then it has to be assigned in Enterprise Structure --> Assignment --> Logistics Execution --> Assign warehouse number to plant / storage location

- Assign shipping points to plant in OVXC

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srikanth,

-->First you need to define the Plant with MM people in the IMG through this path

SPRO>IMG>Enterprise structure>Definition>Logistics General-->Define, copy, delete, check plant

-->Plant need to be assigned to the existing company code

SPRO>IMG>Enterprise structure>Assignment>Logistics General-->Assign plant to company code.

-->As SD consultant you need to assign the new plant to the existing sales organisation and distribution channel.

SPRO>IMG>Enterprise structure>Assignment>Sales and Distribution-->Assign sales organization - distribution channel - plant.

-->Maintain the shipping point determination for the new plant through OVL2 transaction.

-->You need to extend the material to the new plant if you want to do the activities from the new plant with already existing material.

-->If your business involved Excise process then you need to the CIN related settings to your new plant.

SPRO>IMG>Logistics general>Tax on goods movements>India-->Basic settings.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.