cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI-EDI Strategy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am facing the problems regarding EDI adapter in short-term and long term solution for the existing customers.

For existing systems there are not on XI platform, some of the systems are based on Business Connector.

The question is: how can we support a solution for these customers?

Will BC-EDI still be supported? So far as I know, it will not be supported in the future. How can we provide our customers a resonable solution in this case regarding TCO?

How can it be migrated into XI-EDI solution?

Will SAP recommend customers use Seeburger EDI without XI NW platform?

Thank you in advance for your relies.

Jing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP recommends using Seeburger's EDI adapter for XI

or some other EDI adapter for XI

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

in SP 14 , 15 itemfield is supporting conversion of EDI.

it is for free and you don't have to use Seeburger adapter

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>>it is for free and you don't have to use Seeburger adapter

but only free if you're doing 15 mb a months

as far as I rmember....

or anything has changed?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. But this does not prevent the customers using Seeburger EDI without XI, or?

On the other hand, what is about the legacy sysstems which are not on NW XI platform?

Will SAP recommends them to go to NW platform?

Itemfiled only does convertion, for some of the EDI solution we need the content and protocol which Itemfiled does not provide.

Am I right?

Jing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

You also have to be aware that Seeburger not only provides the mappings. They also deliver the communication part like OFTP-Adapter (Odette File Transfer Protocol) to connect partners i.e. via ISDN and so on...

Kind regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With OFTP adapter, How can I accomplish design part. Should I be using some seeburger provided mapping programs or I can do all the stuff in design as incase of other adapters. eg. Developinf source and taget messages and interfaces etc.

If EDI document as source then what should I do in design time, Just import it as external defination of message and map it with Idoc using graphical mapping or something else need to be done?

-Adrean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have approximate cost of Seeburger EDI adapter, and is there on-going charges , such as per GB of data?

Answers (0)