cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering Alerts from user exit macro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a User Exit Macro and I am trying to trigger an alert when we execute this Macro.

I guess I cannot include an alert step for this type of Macro so is there a function module I have to call inside the user-exit to trigger alerts.

Accept my apology if this is basic I did search in SDN and I am new to SCM also. Any pointers are appreciated.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved.

Regards,

former_member196299
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari ,

I have a requirement where in I have to raise alerts from a MACRO BADI  based on some calculation of key figures in DP planning book . It would be a big help if you can share the approach you have taken to achieve this as I dont see much help on SDN .

Regards,

Ranjita 

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjita,

Pl check the FM /SAPAPO/ADV_ALERT_SET. You can search the where used list for a reference. The alert macros call this FM to transfer the alerts to AMON.

Thanks,

Rajesh

former_member196299
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh ,

Thank you for the info . I checked the FM and it does get called  for executing the alerts .

It would be great if you can share some sample code of how it is being used inside a  MACRO BADI . 

I think I am missing some info while I execute the FM  with some sample data , the alert doesnt get executed .

Regards,

Ranjita

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjita,

In the macro book (t.code /sapapo/advm), use the function code "ADVA" in the command field (where you usually enter the t.codes). This will allow you to access the ABAP program generated for the macro book. If there are any alerts in the macro book, you can check the corresponding code.

Thanks,

Rajesh

former_member196299
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh ,

My requirement is to raise alerts from a macro BADI, I am not sure if this is possible .Kindly share your knowledge .

Regards,

Ranjita