Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective Message Throttling in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have a peculiar problem.

I have a scenario IDoc --> XI --> SOAP (WS). There are two receivers for the interface so I do message branching.

The message volume is pretty high with several thousand messages in few seconds.

The issue is one of the receiver needs these messages near real time and is able to keep up with the volume. However, another receiver to these messages can receive these messages delayed and is not able to keep up with the volume.

I dont want to create two different messages from the source. I would like to somehow throttle the messages in XI for the second receiver so that it can keep up with the volume.

I cannot control these with the number of threads for the adapter as I use the same adapter type for both receivers. Is there a way to set the number of threads by channel or some other way so that I am controlling the number of messages I sent to the second receiver?

Regards

Haseeb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may increase the parallel processing of messages by incresing the number of inbound and outbound queues used in processing through integration engine. Goto sxmb_adm -> Integration Engine Configuration -> Specific parameter -> Increase the value of parameters EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL and EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL.

http://help.sap.com/bp_bpmv130/Documentation/Operation/TuningGuide.pdf

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

Sure I can do that. However, in my case, I am not looking to improve the processing in XI. I am looking to throttle the message output for a specific receiver. Parallel processing is setup at the integration level and any changes there impacts the throughput for not just one single receiver but all the messages going through XI.

Regards

Haseeb

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm.. so other option could be to to prioritize your messages. Technically this would mean to assign a particular queue for your specific interface and thereby you will have an option to handle the message flow.

Regards,

Prateek