cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP 5.3 - Submit button vs Approval button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day all.

I have a query that I need assistance with.

I am testing the end-to-end standard Request Types in CUP. I want to know why a requestor does not see a 'SUBMIT' button when Creating a Request. The requestor only see's the 'APPROVAL' button.

The 'APPROVAL' button currently does work as a 'SUBMIT' button

Is this standard in CUP 5.3?

Kind Regards,

Michael Hannie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

When you are trying to create the request by clicking on create request option available once u login using the CUP ID and password under user login then you will be able to find the approve button rather than finding submit button. By clicking on the approve button request is created.

But when u try to create a request by using Change account or New Account option available on the initial screen of CUP then u will be able to see the submit button option to submit request instead instead of finding the approve the option which was visible as mentioned earlier.

This is standrad not only in CUP 5.3 but also the same with Access Enforcer 5.2 ( Access enforcer is the name used instead of CUP in the earlier version).

Regards,

Raghu.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The scenario you are talking about it not possible at all.

Requester never ever sees an 'Approve' button. Please check it properly.

Requester means "the person who clicks on request access and create request" -> This person will always see 'Submit' button/

Approver/Administrator means "the person who logs in to CUP by clicking on user login link". -> This person will always see 'Approve' button instead of 'Submit' button.

Regards,

Alpesh

SAP GRC Manager (PwC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Alpesh.

Thank you for your feedback - I will check the requestors authorizations and reply with the feedback.

Regards,

Michael Hannie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also note that the SUBMIT button option in CUP > Config tab > End User Personalizationn > Visible is set to YES

yudittzruya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's probably due to WF process that is defined for this request.

follow all stages of approval for this request and probably in the last stage you will get the submit option also

Hope this helps

Judith

Edited by: Yudit Tzruya on Jan 26, 2009 6:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I will give it a try tomorrow an let you know of the result.