Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU3 Users unable to change email address...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently using CUA and I have allowed users to modify all profile information including the Internet Mail setting in SCUM; however, when we go to maintain own data (SU3) the email address cannot be modified???? I have searched all over for information regarding this and there seems to be nothing available. Does anyone know anything about this? How can I enable my users to change their email address when necesssary?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Does anyone know anything about this?

See [SAP Note 136186|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/136186]. The ability to maintain this for your own user is intended for transaction SU3 anymore. It does not work with SAP_ALL either.

> How can I enable my users to change their email address when necesssary?

Either the administrator (or equivalent) should maintain this, or you will need to write your own little application which makes it possible for a user to maintain their own address only (and possibly do some validations on it - such as the address not already being in use, and from the correct domain, etc).

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Does anyone know anything about this?

See [SAP Note 136186|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/136186]. The ability to maintain this for your own user is intended for transaction SU3 anymore. It does not work with SAP_ALL either.

> How can I enable my users to change their email address when necesssary?

Either the administrator (or equivalent) should maintain this, or you will need to write your own little application which makes it possible for a user to maintain their own address only (and possibly do some validations on it - such as the address not already being in use, and from the correct domain, etc).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thank you. I was not aware of that change and apparently I need to learn better techniques for searching through SAP notes.

0 Kudos

This one I knew about, so it was easy to find the reference.

> I need to learn better techniques for searching through SAP notes.

See the FAQ thread at the top of the forum. There is a link to a very usefull SAP note about how to find SAP notes, and what to expect from SAP notes as opposed to the SAP Help documentation.

Cheers,

Julius