cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Unknown Message" in BPM process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm experiencing the wonderful "Unknown Message" error that has been very discussed here. I am creating an IDoc to JBDC business process who bundles several IDocs to be sent as a query to JDBC.

When I try to run the process, it doesn't even starts it, because of this error.

I checked the XML and I think that the issue is at the receiver determination or at the interface determination, because the tag receiver looks like this:

- <SAP:Sender>
  <SAP:Service>System1</SAP:Service> 
  <SAP:Interface namespace="urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages">FIDCC2.FIDCCP02.ZFIDCCP02</SAP:Interface> 
  </SAP:Sender>
<SAP:Receiver>
  <SAP:Party agency="" scheme="" /> 
  <SAP:Service>IntegrationProcess1</SAP:Service> 
  <SAP:Interface namespace="urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages">FIDCC2.FIDCCP02.ZFIDCCP02</SAP:Interface> 
  <SAP:Mapping notRequired="Y" /> 
  </SAP:Receiver>

And, from what I said above, the IDoc can't be both sender and receiver. For me, it doesn't make sense. In the receiver it should have been the inbound abstract interface,right?

What I tried and doesn't work:

1) Reactivating the integration process from SXI_CACHE

2) Reimporting the process to the integration directory

3) Deleting and then remaking all the directory objects, like receiver det, interface det and receiver agreement.

What Integration Directory objects I have

1) communication channels

2) business scenario

3) imported integration process

4) receiver determination from ERP to the integration process, including an interface determination from IDoc to abstract interface

5) receiver determination from integration process, including an interface det from abstract interface to JDBC message interface

6) receiver agreement from integration process to JDBC business system, having checked on header mapping the sender service as the integration process.

Can you please help me in any way?

Please don't post links that contain solutions that I already tried, I think I've seen today at least 20 links on this issue and none helped.

If this is not sufficient, I can post the whole return XML on my next reply.

Thanks in advance,

George

Edited by: George Ardeleanu on Jan 26, 2009 1:57 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Did you norice that the name of the integration process in the receiver determination was IntegrationProcess1, but in the trace it's called IP_CreditControl_Bundle?

Please ignore if you renamed it when posting.

Cheers,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,but I changed the name previously.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally got it! When I tested again, I tried to restart the IDoc message from XI. However, this did not work for some reason. I had to resend the IDoc from ERP and then the process got triggered very well.

Probably some of my earlier attempts solved the problem. However, I was not aware of.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've checked the trace and the main error message seems to be:

<Trace level="1" type="T">...There is no Interface Determination configured for receiver party and receiver service IP_CreditControl_Bundle</Trace>

How could this be? Because I've set the receiver & interface determination in the integration directory and they're fine.