Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE processes Disappeared

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, experts!

I have the following problem:

After spontaneous reboot of Windows (Windows Server 2003 EE) I start SAP in console (ERP 2005 IDES). But not all java-processes are started/visible. Namely, server0 and dispatcher were not started , only SDM was started, though it is specified in "process list" - "J2EE: all processes running"...

It is the problem not only in visual absence server0 and dispatcher. Java-component does not work in general: for example, it is impossible to come on sld or on a J2EE-server using a browser. It writes: "Page can't be displayed".

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KR,

Run RZ10 and open the instance profile and there is value of Parameter jstartup/instance_properties should be $(jstartup/j2ee_properties);$(jstartup/sdm_properties) while in this time value of that parameter is $(jstartup/j2ee_properties)$(FILE_SEP)$(jstartup/sdm_propert.

you should restart the SAP server from SAPMMC after change.

must resolve ur problem.

regards,

majamil

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried restarting the engine?.... also check std_server0.out and std_dispatcher for errors.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

to Juan

Yes, I restared server, but the situation doesn't changed.

I cant check std_server0.out and std_dispatcher for errors, becouse there is no java - so there are no logs...

I have only the logs for that period, when all services worked normally

to majamil

Ok, I try. Today I'll restart the server...

Edited by: Kirill Rodionov on Jan 26, 2009 3:14 PM

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KR,

if your problem resolved then close this topic..

regards,

majamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had followed your advice, but the problem was not resolved. Even SDM didnt start (as you know, it had started before). I began investigation and found lines in log (like dev_jlaunch, the log was rewritten, and I didnu2019t remembered the term). It showed that the system couldu2019t read a file...\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\instance.properties at loading.I examined what with it. It turned out that the file was not zero sized, but there was nothing in it (there is no everything, probably, the file had been damaged). I substituted it with the file from other server, customised parametres (substituted ID instances, etc.). Then I restarted the server. Now it is allright