Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping ECC6.0 authorizaton with BI 7.0 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In our organization, BI developers developing BI reports based on Transcation codes in ECC6.

for example.

-

in ECC

User : XYZ

Tcode : ZFIN (to get finance transcational report)

Authorized company codes: 1000, 1100

-

-

in BI

User : XYZ

BI report : ZQRYFIN (to get finance BI report)

Authorized company codes: 1000, 1100

-

As usual now we are creating manually analysis authrization roles for user XYZ in BI. We are replicating the same access in BI (as of ECC t-code access for users)

Is there any tool or possibilty that instead of manually replicating ECC access in BI, we map ECC authorizations directly in BI (using RFC connections etc) ??

Please advise.

Edited by: Imran Mulani on Jan 26, 2009 1:34 PM

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

You could write a program which logs into R/3 to get user assignment and then replicate that mapping in BI. There are plenty of user admin BADI's which could help.

Alternatively you could have a daily extract of role mapping data into BI. Changes to the role mapping could be extracted and then the data fed into an FM like BAPI_USER_CHANGE to update the role assignment.

You could include logic based on your role naming convention in each system or alternatively have a look up table where you can link the roles for the assignment.

0 Kudos

I think it is possible with ECC6.0 & BW 3.5 as both uses same SAP standard authorization concept.

But in BI7.0 it uses analysis authorization roles. So if anybody can advise that Whatever access is there for user in ECC, authomatically same access will be deplyed in analysis authorization in BI for that user.

Edited by: Imran Mulani on Jan 28, 2009 9:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Suggestions ?

How to do role/user mapping between ECC6.0 and BI analysis authorizarion. So that no need to create manually analysis authorization roles, it will automatically maps the authorizations in BI as of ECC.

0 Kudos

So now you ahve changed your requirements?? You don't want to "map" the access, you want to know if there is a way that your analysis roles are automatically created? Please clarify as they are very different things you are asking for

0 Kudos

Apologise for creating confusion. my requirement is same. Let me elaborate the scenario

We are using new analysis authorization concept for BI7.0. As we are replicating same access as of ECC. We follow below steps

1. Analyse users access in ECC (for ex. user XYZ is having access to which company code, plant etc and save in excel sheet)

2. create Analysis authorization in BI based on execel sheet ( for ex. this AA contains company code, plant for user XYZ)

3. assign analysis authorization in BI for user.

We are loosing much time in analyzing access of user in ECC system and then create AA in BI and assign to user.

As same access of ECC we are replicating in BI. I dont want to waste time in analysis.

So I was thinking like that

a)system will read user XYZ access in ECC and same access will be provided in BI through some role mapping .

or b) system will read user XYZ access in ECC and create analysis authorization automatically based on access in ECC.

0 Kudos

I assume you have the mapping of all the ECC roles corresponding to BI roles.

That is role X in ECC will have to mapped to role XBI in BI.

The only thing that is common between the two would be the Org levels. Correct me if I am wrong. I do not see any other authorization or authorization object to be same, as a t-code in ECC is some custom report in BI and they do not presummably has same authorization object.

So if it is only the Org level get the org values for all the roles in ECC from AGR_1252 and then map it to the BI roles.

But I understand what you are saying, you want this activity to be done automatically and not manually role by role. So I suggest you go for some SCAT script and get atleast the org levels maintained in all your BI roles. The other auth values you have to maintain manually as they are specific to individual roles.

Let me know if it makes sense.

0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

That's a bit more clear now thanks. This sounds like the perfect use for using variables.

To summarise, you can use enhancement RSR00001 to allow values to be automatically passed into auth checks.

For example you could have a daily extract of plant data for a user (either via role contents from AGR_1252, role naming convention, manually maintained lookup data) into your BI system. This gets maintained in a table which lists the plants (and/or other org levels) for the user. You can then create an analysis authorisation for plant, where you maintain the variable value e.g. $PLANT. You code the variable to look in the BI lookup table (or whatever data structure you want) for the values to supply for the user.

There is a bit more info here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/59069d90-0201-0010-fd81-d5e11994...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1b439590-0201-0010-ea8e-cba686f2...

0 Kudos

Thanks