Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS BOM and MRP

former_member283293
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on a solution for a client that uses multilevel BOMs for subcontracting. Only the top material is assigned to the activity in PS and the BOM is exploded in MRP.

Now I want to investigate the possibillity to use WBS BOM since that allows me to have different "versions" of the same material BOM for different WBS elements.

But when I look in documentation, it always says that the WBS BOM needs to be transported to the WBS with CN33.

However, I want to stick to the solution with assigning top level and then explode BOM in MRP.

How can I specify that it is the WBS BOM I want to assign and to explode in MRP?

rgds

GAR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CN33 is just a quicker way to assign material to network activity and to keep track of the materials using a WBS BOM - "versions"

If you are directly assigning material to the activity then you can only assign a material master which is a material BOM - you will have to maintain several versions of this - question is that if you have various versions then it is advisable to use CN33 as it is SAP best practice

former_member283293
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

When I use CN33, my BOM explodes into the activity.

And due to the, I am not able to continue to use my solution with assigning only the top level in the activity and then do the BOM explosion in MRP

Or am I missing something?

rgds

GAR

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when running CN33 select profile with no multilevel

in txn CN33 select button called selection parameters looks like a cube

select WBS BOM

deselect multilevel and all items

former_member283293
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

but even if I transfer only top level, it is still not picking the WBS BOM in MRP BOM explosion.

Even if the top material i marked with P in the main assembly category and the main assebly is my top material.

It seems like MRP is not able to pick up a multilevel WBS BOM

rgds

GAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understanding your requirement is to have final material assigned to the activity under WBS-1.

At the time of assignment of material to activity system will ask you for the resevation, need to select WBS reservation.

then what you need to do, to have the right MRP RUN is ....

Step. 1 In the Material Master, need to have individual as BOM explosion option in MRP4 for final material or for sub-assly also(if any) and for onther material which are the part of BOM, this indicator should have collective value.

Step.2 Need to create the WBS BOM 9T-code CS71), you need to have the respective WBS(i:e WBS-1 in this case) under which you have assigned the final Material.

Step.3 Now you can run MD51-MRP on project it will create plnd order/PR as per the procurement type maintain at material level.

You need to provide the respective WBS in the input screen of MRP RUN.

it will explode the BOM at multi-level.

Step4. Then you can convert Plnd order to Production order and PR to PO.

It will explode till the lowest level,provided you have respective BOM at that level also.

I mean at top level you have created the WBS BOM but for sub-assly of inermeadiate assly you have to have the production BOM ready.

I have done the same for my client let me know if you stuck up somewhere or my point is not clear to you.

Regards,

Kamal

Edited by: Kamal Rana on Apr 6, 2009 2:16 PM

Answers (0)