cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAL - Calendar Transport R/3 to SCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On APO 3.0 in the past we created cross-system transports from our 4.6c R/3 system in SCAL to keep APO and R/3 calendars in synch.

Since upgrading to APO 4.1 which is on Basis 6.40 we are not sure if its safe to transport SCAL from R/3 4.6C to APO 4.1 which is on 6.40.

Is anyone doing this or do you manually maintain SCAL in both SCM 4.1 and R/3 4.6c?

Thanks in advance.

Sean

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sean,

I have never tried to upgrade to SCM 4.1. However, we did migrate successfully from 3.0A to 5.0. We had no problems with calendar migration.

You do not have to transport calendars, you can import all calendars, plus other global data, directly from the connected OLTP using one of the SCM BW functions.

In SCM> Transaction RSA1 In the left pane select Modeling; select Source Systems.

In the right pane, find the OLTP you wish to import the calendars from. Single click on the source system name, and then right click. From the drop-down menu, Select 'Transfer Global Settings'. Select the items you wish to import. Check 'simulation' if you only wish to see what will happen. Otherwise, for a new system, you will want to rebuild tables.

This should be one of the first customization steps. I probably don't have to warn you that if there is existing master or transactional data in SCM, it could immediately become inconsistant. Especially in the area of planning books and infocubes that use periodicity from any of these calendars, you may have to dump existing data and rebuild, using the new calendars.

Also, for factory calendars, you should subsequently regenerate timestreams using /SAPAPO/CALENDAR.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. Will give it a go.

Question marked as answered and points awarded.

Cheers,

Sean

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have tried to configure this in our SCM development systems for both F&R and EWM but have hit a couple of snags...

We have the following system/client structures for the F&R SCM system:

Development Quality Assur. Production

DF0 260 (Golden) QF0 360 PF0 960

DF0 261 (Unit Test)

DF0 262 (Perf. Test)

And for BI we have:

DB0 120 QB0 220 PB0 920

For the QA and Production instances, we do not have an issue, since the limitation of having only one BI client per system doesn't matter as we only have one client to connect.

But for the Development systems, currently it is the DF0 261 client that is connected to the DB0 120 BI client. We want to be able to pull the data from our ECC golden client (DE2 700) into each of the DF0 clients. But when we try and run RSA1 in any other client than 261, we get an error telling us that only one client can connect to BI and we must work in that client.

I thought we could maybe get around it by simply running RSIMPCUST in a batch job, but cannot see how to save a variant with the source client name in it since this is always greyed out when you run it online. I guess if I maintain the BI system as the default client for each of these F&R systems in SCC4 it might work, but I don't know what else uses this default client value?

Does anyone know of any workarounds for this? It would be really nice to be able to synchronize all systems (especially as the link is between two non-BI systems, so the BI restriction should not even apply). If we have to go back to the current approach of manually updating the development systems for any changes in ECC then we may as well use that for all clients and just transport the changes. It is not a good solution though...

Thanks,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luke,

I believe calendars are client independent. Import once into DFO and you are done.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Hi DB,

Though its an old post i appreciate your comments and it resolved my issues.

i also have a question.

I believe RSA1 works only for BW and APO and hence we can sync with ECC as you said.

what about other landscapes like CRM and SRM etc ?, i need to synchronize factory calendars in CRM and SRM as well with ECC....does RSA1 work in CRM and SRM ?if not how to sync calendars in all other landscapes ?without RSA1 is there any other alternative?   i would appreciate if you can give me some suggestions on this.

Thanks,

Chakri

0 Kudos

After importing to Dev system  DF0 , how to import to Quality & Production?

In RSA1 I could not able to see that option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you import it with RSA1 into SCM from ERP you can build a transport from SCAL in SCM to transport it through to quality and production SCM environments.

(We have not explored using RSA1 directly in the quality and production environments)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

You have to synchronize the SAP calendar and APO system using the program RSIMPCUST. Following the procedure described by Dogboy49, you can create a variant and schedule this job frequently in APO system. If you have a independent BW system in between, you have to pass through BW. Meaning, you schedule the report in BW and synchronize BW and R/3 and then run the same report in APO to synchronize BW and APO.